Big clownfish and small anemone

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I juts bought a pair of clownfish yesterday from my LFS. They’re doing fine and ate a bit on day 1. I have a bta in this tank and I’ve had it for a little more than a month. It’s not being hosted yet but I just found out that if clownfish are too big for the anemone they can actually kill it. The clownfish are about 3 inches and the anemone is only about 2 inches. What should I do? Should I just try to speed up the anemones growth? If so, how? I haven’t been feeding it.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I juts bought a pair of clownfish yesterday from my LFS. They’re doing fine and ate a bit on day 1. I have a bta in this tank and I’ve had it for a little more than a month. It’s not being hosted yet but I just found out that if clownfish are too big for the anemone they can actually kill it. The clownfish are about 3 inches and the anemone is only about 2 inches. What should I do? Should I just try to speed up the anemones growth? If so, how? I haven’t been feeding it.
It could be years until the anemone actually hosts the clowns, if ever. I would just focus on normal care. If you do feed the nem (I dont ever direct feed mine) make sure it's small pieces like mysis, once per week.

Back