Did a dead Fromia Star crash my 200g Reef?

InvictusReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey All,
So Ive been reefing for a better part of 20 years. So Sunday I did a water change and noticed my Star had passed behind the scape. When I went to retrieve it literally disintegrated, so I vacuumed out what I could. Not sure how long it was there but everything looked fine. I did a 30g water change for normal maintenance and went about my day. Monday morning my wife is calling me at work saying that everything looks awful. I went strait home to and began testing my water and and everything was perfect beside my Magnesium which was at 1285 and i like it closer to 1400.
Parameter
No3 - 12
Po4 - .06
Cal - 440
Mag - 1285
Alk - 8.1
PH - 8.38
No Ammonia or Nitrite present and fish including CBB and Tamerine wrasses show no signs of stress.
I overnighted a ICP and am awaiting the results. I pulled out all my pumps and frag racks to check the magnets and found nothing unusual. I have nothing but high end pieces in this tank and dont know what else to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Acro seem ok
Euphyllia - All retracted
Goni/Alve - Mostly retracted
Zoa - Some closed some perfect
Shrooms - No Problem visible
I have also put in 2 large bags of Rox .08 in case some kind of toxin was released and havent seen any real improvement. I will get pictures later on today.
IMG_6510.png
IMG_6511.png
IMG_6513.png
IMG_6512.png
IMG_6514.png
IMG_6515.png
IMG_6516.png

Last edited:

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After water change and running carbon there is not much else to do. Keep an eye on the tank, change water as necessary and watch the parameters. I hope you make it through this!

OP
OP
InvictusReef

InvictusReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
After water change and running carbon there is not much else to do. Keep an eye on the tank, change water as necessary and watch the parameters. I hope you make it through this!
Thank you. I really hope so too. I’ve added some photos now also.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 68 70.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back