Do your fish have a specific place they hide?

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of them.
My Dwarf Angels & Flame Hawkfish are all over the place.
Foxface has 2 different spots.
My two Firefish share a spot.
My two Clownfish alternate from one front corner to the other, though they aren't really hiding.
YWG and Tiger Pistol have 3 spots that they move to every couple of months. YWG doesn't like visitors.
Hippo Tang sleeps on the sand on his side under a rock that makes me wonder if he's still alive.
Midas Blenny always sleeps in his barnacle and absolutely doesn't like visitors either.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Orange Spot Blenny likes to hang out in a few tunnels that are my rocks
Tang hangs out in the caves under the rocks when it retires for the night
Foxface hangs out under frag racks when startled or retiring for the night
Wrasses and cardinals just wander or hang out in no place in particular
Hectors Goby has a place in back left corner under rocks
And my clowns just do their own thing

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tail spot blenny usually chills out up top, inside of or behind little rock clusters. The yellow clown goby is always chilling in a toadstool leather and the six line wrasse has no chill. I see him sleeping in his cave at night though

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tail spot blenny usually chills out up top, inside of or behind little rock clusters. The yellow clown goby is always chilling in a toadstool leather and the six line wrasse has no chill. I see him sleeping in his cave at night though
I wish my goby would chill with my coral haha, he usually just hangs out by his cave

Tommy B

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My larger clown has a clay pot that she loves, my firefish goby has a cave that he dug out for when he gets spooked or sleeps. My six line has a cave in the rockwork where it sleeps too.

They all have their spots :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of them have defined spots:

Each of my Springer damsels has their own cave that they like to jam themselves into. They do not tolerate attempts to visit those caves.

My pink skunk clown hides in one of his RBTA when he feels the need to hide.

The two zebra bar gobies hide underneath my clam.

The jawfish hides in his burrow, which is just to the side of the rock in my back right corner. It has a retractable roof (a mushroom coral).

The Midas blenny has a cave that he loves next to my forest fire digitata.

The bluesided wrasse likes to hide with the zebras, but he hasn't really chosen a spot of his own.

The tang tries to steal everyone else's spots, but thus far they haven't let him. He has a spot behind the clam's rock that he's using until he can convince someone to let him take their cave.

The pintail will hide underneath one of the coral racks when he feels the need to hide, he also has a favorite rock that he'll jam himself underneath. Lately he's taken to sleeping up against the side of the tank in the open... he wants to trick you into thinking he's dead.

The melanurus, pyramid and lyretail don't get spooked by much of anything. If they feel the need to hide, they just swim behind the rockwork. For sleeping... the melanurus picks out a spot in the sand every night, the pyramid hangs out behind the left side of the rockwork, and the lyretail behind the right side.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, in fact this is more of a sore point for them to squabble over vs. food. Especially with new arrivals.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep i have noticed that when the blues come on they start going to there own hide away
Makes them feel safe at night probably

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that my fish all like to hide in this one corner of my tank. So it got me thinking, where does everyone's fish like to hide? So I am asking you, where do your fish like to hide in your tank?
My diamond goby and YWG share a burrow, my naso and foxface run to their corner together, my clowns are just clowns, they don’t really hide, my coral beauty and six line head to opposite back corner, everyone has their spot, and their tank buddy:cool:

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 7 of my fish sleep in the same rock at night. All of my rocks I built with caves and pass throughs of various sizes to accommodate different sized fish and what I thought from having similar fish in the past new ones would like. Nope they all share the one rock in the back corner. The back corner rock does have 3 "rooms" a larger, a smaller one with a pass through, and an "upstairs" (think attic). The upstairs has 3 small entrances 1 from the larger downstairs and 2 through the "roof". Pretty sure the Timor wrasse and the mimic tang share the big room, the 4 scissortail darts get the upstairs and the accessor gets the smaller room with pass through.

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Foxface and Whitetail Kole Tang each have their spot when scared or for the night. My Solar Wrasse has recently taken to hiding in a couple spots in a big clump of GSP - one of which is right up against the front glass. Kind of cool watching his eyes darting around.

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bicolor Blenny has his spot. IMG_7988.jpeg

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My possum wrasse considers all caves and swim-throughs 'his' in the day time, but at night he has a specific crevice between two rocks he wedges himself into.
Hector's goby has a little hole in a rock on the far side of the tank he has chosen for his bedroom; every night at 8pm he tucks himself in backwards for the night even though there is still an hour of lights left!

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added my second royal Gramma to my tank in July of 2022. I saw him for a couple of months and then he went hiding in a cave never to be seen again. I just took everything out of my 75 gallon and put it in the 150 last week and I took that cave apart and there he was happy and content living in that cave. I don't know how he did it. Now he's in the 150 and he's already got a hiding spot cuz I don't see him.

Back