ESV B-Ionic salt

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made my fist small batch of this salt yesterday and I have to say it is the cleanest mixing salt I have ever used.....It was mixed clear with in 10 min of everything being added, I didn't get a full test of the parameters but plan to on the next batch. I only mixed 5 gallons so it wasn't a major water change but the next one will be 10-20 gallons. So far it looks to be a great salt but witout test it is hard to say so I will get them on the next batch.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the ESV on both make tanks now for two weeks. Absolutely love the stuff. Params are dead on for what I want.

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using for a few weeks myself. Certainly happy so far....mixes up clean and very stable batch to batch.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the next batch I make test out the way I expect I plan on switching over and buying the 200g mix.....I just want to see how the corals and fish react especially my ricordea and yumas. If by the time I use the 50g batch is almost done I will switch, but from the mixing stand point it is the best by far. I have tried just about all salts and none mix as clean as this.....For those that have used it for longer how have you corals and stuff reacted?

Mavjoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along with this one. I've been debating on this one or aquavitro. I'm using D-D H2o right now and it's been good but don't mind trying another brand.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James, I got a 200 gal mix from a very reputable source. They put the salt through rigorous test. Specifically with corals that are known to slime or stress during water changes etc. They took blue cesputalria, a yuma, a shroom and an acro of some type. Mixed the salt and in less than five minutes put the corals into the bucket with zero, none, nada negative reactions.
Same person also witnessed countless vendors at a recent swap that mixed up water for the frag systems. With in 5 or 10 minutes loaded them with corals for the swap and every single coral opened.
Truly the best.

As far a params, not this is not very precise, but after doing a water change and testing the tank calcium levels seem to be higher and alk just a touch lower than the RC I was using.

I have adjusted my 2 part dosing to include a bit more alk and a little less calcium.

I

inactive

View Badges
I'm so afraid to switch salts.. ugh, too expensive and hard to find also.

greg 45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to pick up my new salt saturday .
Cannot wait to mix up first batch.
Is everyone using a scale to measure with.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never used a scale, I went with the directions they provide and the scoups and cups.......I have went back to Red Sea Pro due to no local carriers of the B-ionic and the cost to have a 200g package shipped.....Very good salt though.

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Hmm I like the higher calc/alk measurements. How much is this salt?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back