OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand is built. Need to pick up some pvc sheets. The ones I have are too small.

IMG_2249.jpeg

That’s from the old Red Sea stand. I adapted it to work on extrusions.

image.jpg

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I designed a printed little brackets that hold n52 magnets flush to the stand frame. Now k can mount panels to match the color of the rimless tank stand next to it.

I also redid the metal art standoffs for through bolts because the self tapping screws tend to break the standoffs after a while.

IMG_2251.jpeg

Terrible pic but you get the idea of the bracket.

Also figured out task lighting in the stand just have to attach them and wait for a splitter to power them.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up the pvc sheets from my buddies place today but ran out of time to cut them to size for the stand. I’ll get that done and the baffles glued in the sump tomorrow.

My friend offered me a smoking deal on a NIB ap700 and another a great deal on a gen4 xr30 mobius ready so my light plans may change. I really wish I had an ap9x to be honest but I’m too cheap for that.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the top and bottom pieces cut and had enough left over for a controller board.

I whipped up some brackets in tinkercad and used threaded inserts to make the board easily removable.

IMG_2256.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

I also designed these little shades in tinkercad to hold the cabinet puck LEDs.

IMG_2258.jpeg

That’s it for the stand until the tank and sump are done. Then I have to make the panels and mount stuff to the controller board.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out how I am going to route wires for the controller board. I don't use an apex or other controller, just the stuff for ATO, heater, power heads and I will have a doser.

I think I will mount the doser to the top of the frame of the stand. It's wifi so I am not worried about seeing it too much.

I like the sump in the center of the stand. The top off container will be next to the stand under a desk but still easily accessable.

Guess I will take the board out this weekend and lay the equipment out on it and see.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a question that might need it's own thread but those that follow this haven't steered me wrong yet, so, here goes:

I plan on doing a 1-1.25 gallon per day water change that would equal somewhere near 1.5%. I have a 33 gallon container for new saltwater and a drain for the old water. My doser says I can do 2.64 gallons a day per head. so I am well in range. (it's a 4 head and one will be for ALK the ATO will have kalkwasser)

I don't want to have my ATO to kick in during water changes so I am planning on doing 2 changes of half the total change volume a day and shutting off the ATO via a timer during these periods.

For example:

0600 shut off ATO
0615 start inflow head and outflow head
1000 turn on ATO

1800 shut off ATO
1815 start inflow and outflow head
2200 turn on ATO

Does this look like a good plan?

Never done an auto water change so I am open to suggestions.
All I can say is NICE!
thanks!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t find a good design for 7” filter cups for my buddy. I tried to resize the 4” ones and it didn’t work out right so I designed a 2 piece one that I glued together.

Fits like a glove and looks good as well. Of course I printed it with ( top and bottom layers and 4 walls so it’s way overkill. lol

IMG_2250.jpeg

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the changer pump in and out at the same time? If it does you could put the fill line into he return chamber and the drain line from earlier then that, skimmer chamber or something. Then you might be able to skip the timer.

Otherwise,y (potentially flawed) math has it changing 0.11 gallon per hour. I'd round down for safety sake to 0.1. at that rate you would need about 5 hours to finish a cycle.

Back