0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

kingranch2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone from Orlando. I'm totally green behind the ears on reefing. After 20 years in the military I'm finally able to start a hobbie I've been wanting to do for a very long time. So, being excited about this is an understatment. I know so little, I'm still not close to knowing what I don't know :). This is my current plan-

Currently building a house and have designed the house so the aquarium will be built inside a wall and share the view with two rooms. Planning on a 150g (72"x18"x23"). House won't be done until summer 2025 so thinking of getting the aquarium now and setting up in our current place with a temnporary stand that will replicate the space etc in the wall where it will go and try and have a successful 1 year tank that I then transfer to the new location when house is complete.

Outside the above I've been watching video after video on BRS and want to avoid as many mistakes as possible :). After over 20 years wanting to start this I consider myself pretty patient and hopefully can follow a lot of the guidance I've taken notes on thus far. Looking forward to sharing and learning here!!
Hey I'm a little late to the party, but I wish you all the best! I'm just getting started in reefing myself, with a much smaller build, but it is so awesome to be able to bring that world into your home. I can't offer a ton of advice bc, like I said, I'm new to this as well. But looking at everyone that replied to your thread, you've got this!! Those same names that welcomed me a couple months ago, still reply to my posts and answer my questions, just like they said they would!! I'll probably be adding a first coral this week. I'll be following along. Best of luck to you. I hope you have a blast!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back