OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent!!! It'll be very happy there! I am SO jealous of you. I remember being young with the whole world and life in front of me. Enjoy this time. It goes by quick. Tomorrow you'll be 30. The next day 60!
lol
wait
so in 3 days im dead at 90 :(
or 4 days
GOTTA GO TO COLLEGE NOW AAAAAH
thanks man :D
continue to enjoy life too! do whatever your heart desires, u got this!

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol
I was taking water out of tank and was cleaning my sand and sucked out all the snails LOL!!!!
I have to clean out my sand and im thinking of taking it all out

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THERE ARE AIR BUBBLES IN ME TANK AFTER TAKING OUT 60% OF THE WATER(TO MOVE IT)
IS THAT BAD?????
Are the fish still in there? Generally, major cleaning and stirring of an established sand bed is a no-no because you can release noxious gases like hydrogen sulfide, anaerobic bacteria, and ammonia or nitrates. If you want to clean the sand, you need to get the fish out and transfer the sand to a bucket. Rinse sand with water multiple times in the bucket until the rinse water runs clear and then put back in your tank, then reintroduce live stock. Research “rip clean” for more info.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a

ny recomendaciones for stands under $30?
bruh - if your budget is $30 for a stand that can actually support a fish tank, you need to DIY (build one with 2x4, check my build thread if interested) or you're in the wrong hobby frankly.

That being said, you can take the first recommendation to your post and add a solid piece of plywood (painted if you wish), cut to correct size to the back of the stand for support.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bruh - if your budget is $30 for a stand that can actually support a fish tank, you need to DIY (build one with 2x4, check my build thread if interested) or you're in the wrong hobby frankly.

That being said, you can take the first recommendation to your post and add a solid piece of plywood (painted if you wish), cut to correct size to the back of the stand for support.
already moved it to my desk
"bruh"
sorry

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the fish still in there? Generally, major cleaning and stirring of an established sand bed is a no-no because you can release noxious gases like hydrogen sulfide, anaerobic bacteria, and ammonia or nitrates. If you want to clean the sand, you need to get the fish out and transfer the sand to a bucket. Rinse sand with water multiple times in the bucket until the rinse water runs clear and then put back in your tank, then reintroduce live stock. Research “rip clean” for more info.
THERE ARE FISH AND CORALS IN TEHRE
I didn't reintroduce the sand in

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THERE ARE FISH AND CORALS IN TEHRE
I didn't reintroduce the sand in
Keep an eye on your fish for signs of distress like heavy fast breathing, but its probably fine and the damage is already done (if any) since the sand is all out already. Maybe get a bucket of saltwater made up and do a water change if you see any fish issues. You can also try to siphon the bubbles out with an airline tube. If you have the types of window blinds that have a stick you twist to open close the slats, you can take it off and tape or rubber band the airline to that stick. Works great to direct the siphon where you want it with a flexible hose.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on your fish for signs of distress like heavy fast breathing, but its probably fine and the damage is already done (if any) since the sand is all out already. Maybe get a bucket of saltwater made up and do a water change if you see any fish issues. You can also try to siphon the bubbles out with an airline tube. If you have the types of window blinds that have a stick you twist to open close the slats, you can take it off and tape or rubber band the airline to that stick. Works great to direct the siphon where you want it with a flexible hose.
my frogspawn is turning black and green
but I did hit it with my sand cleaning thing twice on the top and cut its skeleton thing a small amount

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back