May we please discuss seam breaks in 2-3 yr tanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Graemesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy snaps, I thought this was a rip clean ad! Most people dont realize that tanks need to be leveled at all stages of building/ filling as your floors whether tile, wood, laminate, whatever will be compromised due to the weight and installation. I love when people say my tank was level I promise. It's unfortunate but you cant throw a company under the bus without all the...........?????????

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy snaps, I thought this was a rip clean ad! Most people dont realize that tanks need to be leveled at all stages of building/ filling as your floors whether tile, wood, laminate, whatever will be compromised due to the weight and installation. I love when people say my tank was level I promise. It's unfortunate but you cant throw a company under the bus without all the...........?????????
Of course it’s only the idiots with a certain brand of tank that can’t level them correctly….. all the smart people that can figure out how to use a level bought every other brand out there. They also can’t figure out how to scrape glass without hitting the seal, are all running abyzz flow cannons that are bowing the glass or bought a used tank…it couldn’t possibly be a defect ha I kid, I kid

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this post set caught my eye because it mentions again the 2-3 year mark for fails, pattern watching

1682628677513.png

1682628728970.png

***here is a direct positive affirmation Red Sea was willing to assist and it seems without the keeper paying extra $

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
above I edited in a positive for red sea

and here's a new negative

what happens if a legit failure happens outside warranty period?

any affordances given considering the scope of this problem?

1682697690239.png

I can understand how letter of the written agreement between rs and buyers allows for free tank, but hundreds in shipping as further cost carried by customer isn't ideal in my opinion

I'm looking for things in their responses that address 2-3 year mark breaks with excellence. three mos after warranty is a darn close shave for added customer cost, talk about cutting corners in my opinion...

Last edited:

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone needs to photoshop up a RS branded emergency survival kit. I mean at least with a new car, for the most part, you get a spare tire and a jack. A handy dandy branded medic bag with a field guide, some RS branded flex seal spray, some water reactive leak stop putty, a branded self inflating play pool to temporarily house your livestock with a reef beat compatible automatic life support system for oxygenation/flow/heat, RS excederin/Xanax/and adrenaline, a fish net, a pick ax to breakup your rock work and coral so that it can be removed, and whatever else one might need in an emergency.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think he is, but I was. What ya got? Throw it at me.

You make sense and I understand. Brandon I do not. I see posts all over the place and my understanding is that he has a fishbowl / vase nano. So I'm questioning why is he so aggressively yelling at the vendor and taking them to court when he doesn't even own a display they are posting about.

Oh - I don't throw things. I would just break a window so lets not go there.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You make sense and I understand. Brandon I do not. I see posts all over the place and my understanding is that he has a fishbowl / vase nano. So I'm questioning why is he so aggressively yelling at the vendor and taking them to court when he doesn't even own a display they are posting about.

Oh - I don't throw things. I would just break a window so lets not go there.

Concerned citizen maybe?

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"You do not own a Red Sea tank therefore this shouldn't matter to you".

This seems to be the way some of you think. Or perhaps this is a convenient excuse to use to call out Brandon just because you don't like his posts. Either way, it's a bad argument.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This seems to be the way some of you think. Or perhaps this is a convenient excuse to use to call out Brandon just because you don't like his posts. Either way, it's a bad argument.

There was no argument. I got my answer and thanks for all the fish.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone needs to photoshop up a RS branded emergency survival kit. I mean at least with a new car, for the most part, you get a spare tire and a jack. A handy dandy branded medic bag with a field guide, some RS branded flex seal spray, some water reactive leak stop putty, a branded self inflating play pool to temporarily house your livestock with a reef beat compatible automatic life support system for oxygenation/flow/heat, RS excederin/Xanax/and adrenaline, a fish net, a pick ax to breakup your rock work and coral so that it can be removed, and whatever else one might need in an emergency.
I was thinking along the lines of a plunger, sump pump, wet/dry vac and several of those massive drying fans.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

It’s like we had to all own a Pinto to know of the issues and warn others. Or had to own a Samsung Note 7 to warn others of them blowing up in their pocket.

It’s beyond pitiful to try and discredit others in that way.

If the Red Sea tanks weren’t such an issue, we wouldn’t need dozens of threads complaining about them. I’ve personally turned away many people and friends from risking their homes to a Red Sea disaster. I’m not supposed to do that because I don’t own one??? That makes me a terrible friend IMO.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine if I wasn’t allowed to work on large reefs since I only own a pico reef

there would be a lot of unhappy tank owners that’s for sure

areefer is among the crowd who want to suppress information, with any logic at hand even if it’s just a fit to throw

but look at the degree of devastation this tank will now see

What is that below, ten grand in corals and life? It’s ironic that a system to transfer all that life to another tank via skip cycle was built by a guy with only a fishbowl reef, I checked and can’t find any posts where areefer did those jobs ~

I can’t find one single outbound job for any category of reefing that areefer has in his post history

these are brand new examples too, why try and suppress this?

what’s his goal?
this is a devastating horrible thing that is happening to Red Sea owners
59A62677-D78B-4758-86B3-FFC318621C70.png

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Readers: watch how this thread builds

we will only link in brand new, devastating examples of Red Sea seam splits, no old ones, we are tracking a fair pattern that buyers deserve to know

we will also track the quality and degree of support Red Sea provides its customers

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t look like reefbuilders is going to touch this matter with a ten foot pole either

when Red Sea sees this thread, will it disappear?

Back