Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this one from “PE Friday” video a year ago
557F7C0B-A5C0-47DE-8B0F-0AAD79548C8F.jpeg
That’s was FHC s3x on the beach. Unfortunately had to watch that one slowly fade away when I switched out my lights to the new radions g6. It was a really nice Tenuis though. Fraghouse may still have it

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Just to let you know I tried something similar to this. I used reef flux, 2 capsules for 66 gallons of total water. Much higher than your dose but still way under the recommended 6-12 capsules.

Within 24 hours I noticed it dieing off. 3 days and 80% is gone. Nutrients were rising so I restarted the skimmer and was going to add Cobalt Complete Reef that I got on clearance for a few bucks at the LFS. To reduce nitrates without a water change.

Well I turned off the UV and not the media reactor, so I had carbon and chemipure running the entire time. It was about 3 weeks old but still, I'm sure the chemipure still had life yet in it.

So I might try what @billyocean suggested, run a micro dose for an extended period of time, while running my other equipment. Maybe 1/2 a capsule or less, to make sure it's totally eradicated.

The only thing I had happen at the time, my xenia melted, but I had just relocated it too, so maybe something else caused it. Everything else looks great even with 50ppm nitrates.:oops:

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to let you know I tried something similar to this. I used reef flux, 2 capsules for 66 gallons of total water. Much higher than your dose but still way under the recommended 6-12 capsules.

Within 24 hours I noticed it dieing off. 3 days and 80% is gone. Nutrients were rising so I restarted the skimmer and was going to add Cobalt Complete Reef that I got on clearance for a few bucks at the LFS. To reduce nitrates without a water change.

Well I turned off the UV and not the media reactor, so I had carbon and chemipure running the entire time. It was about 3 weeks old but still, I'm sure the chemipure still had life yet in it.

So I might try what @billyocean suggested, run a micro dose for an extended period of time, while running my other equipment. Maybe 1/2 a capsule or less, to make sure it's totally eradicated.

The only thing I had happen at the time, my xenia melted, but I had just relocated it too, so maybe something else caused it. Everything else looks great even with 50ppm nitrates.:oops:
I did a full dose then did half a dose after a full dose, 14 days and water change...then half dose . One thing I'm noticing is everyone that's had problems is with reef Flux. I used flux rx...no problems. It's not pills..it's powder with a scooper.

20230409_112543.jpg

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I did a full dose then did half a dose after a full dose, 14 days and water change...then half dose . One thing I'm noticing is everyone that's had problems is with reef Flux. I used flux rx...no problems. It's not pills..it's powder with a scooper.

20230409_112543.jpg
I thought they were the same, one just in the capsule and the other not. Labeled for different uses but same stuff.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I dunno, but it just clicked in that everyone always says reef flux when they have issues
It says both are Fluconazole, maybe the capsules are not as precise in the amount they contain.

I even read reports the capsules contain 100% lab grade Fluconazole, someone emailed the company to confirm.

That's odd either way.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It says both are Fluconazole, maybe the capsules are not as precise in the amount they contain.

I even read reports the capsules contain 100% lab grade Fluconazole, someone emailed the company to confirm.

That's odd either way.
Could be why Charlie's microdose worked.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched your video on YouTube. Did you know you have them set for Kids. It will disable some features or not allow certain functions. I forget, but I’d definitely say these aren’t recommended for kids that way your videos will get more watches and shares.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched your video on YouTube. Did you know you have them set for Kids. It will disable some features or not allow certain functions. I forget, but I’d definitely say these aren’t recommended for kids that way your videos will get more watches and shares.
Thanks for the heads up. Thought it meant “safe for kids”. I’ll change them but I really don’t care how many views they get. I post them on YouTube bc that’s the only way to post a video here.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up. Thought it meant “safe for kids”. I’ll change them but I really don’t care how many views they get. I post them on YouTube bc that’s the only way to post a video here.

Yeah, not sure the setting, but I did that before too. Just take the kids thing off. I think it’s content made for kids or something along those lines.

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m tempted to try with skimmer on. Somehow things never went well when my skimmer is off more than 2 days

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't have bryopsis but do have hair.
I'm thinking about doing a micro dose but not sure how my clam will take it.
I know they are not the same, but I have some of the small cross bar Venus clams from Reef Cleaners and they are fine. I also have BTAs.

In the Boston forum someone asked the same question and they said they would be fine. One person responded they used 8x the dose for bubble algae and their squamosa clam was fine.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

• More yellow than clear

• YUCKY YELLOW

• Other (please explain)

Back