My 240, My 240/Basement Fish Room, My 240/Basement Fish Room/built into a full wall bookcase and focal point of house addition.

OP
OP
JGT

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the 10.0 is 90 watts I believe. Still pretty good for 2700gph.
Yes, their pumps in general are a good purchase. I think it’s any of those Italian pump makers. I have like 30 yo Maxijet1000 that still runs like clockwork. Also Italian made. Something in the sauce. :)

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few Euphys..
IMG_0824.jpeg

what par are you running right here? i notice you have SPS and acros just inches above alot of Euphyllia. i was always scared to put acros in my tank because i have mostly euphyllia and didnt want to put to much par on them. right now my euphyllia is getting between 90-150 par. if i turned it up to get acros around 200 wouldnt that be too much for my euphyllia? youre doing it though, what is your par right there?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what par are you running right here? i notice you have SPS and acros just inches above alot of Euphyllia. i was always scared to put acros in my tank because i have mostly euphyllia and didnt want to put to much par on them. right now my euphyllia is getting between 90-150 par. if i turned it up to get acros around 200 wouldnt that be too much for my euphyllia? youre doing it though, what is your par right there?
They can take more just ramp up on them. Easy mid 200's.

OP
OP
JGT

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, no clue. :) I’ve never checked par in my tank. Just never had access to a meter.
As Dan says, they can take a wide range of par. Start them lower and move them up. Although to be honest, where you see these guys is where I started them.
My logic has always been that wherever they are coming from has to be hitting them with a decent amount of par, so I’m probably not doing anything dramatically more than where they came from.

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, no clue. :) I’ve never checked par in my tank. Just never had access to a meter.
As Dan says, they can take a wide range of par. Start them lower and move them up. Although to be honest, where you see these guys is where I started them.
My logic has always been that wherever they are coming from has to be hitting them with a decent amount of par, so I’m probably not doing anything dramatically more than where they came from.
the photone app on iphone is free, but you have to pay $7 to unlock the blue LED mode. but thats cheap, and it works great. you just need a waterproof case or i put it in a clear plastic bag. its very accurate. i compared it to an expensive apogee. all you do it download it, unlock blue led, tape a piece of white paper over the front facing camera, any piece of plain white paper, it acts as a diffuser, then put it in something waterproof and viola. par meter for $7

OP
OP
JGT

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the photone app on iphone is free, but you have to pay $7 to unlock the blue LED mode. but thats cheap, and it works great. you just need a waterproof case or i put it in a clear plastic bag. its very accurate. i compared it to an expensive apogee. all you do it download it, unlock blue led, tape a piece of white paper over the front facing camera, any piece of plain white paper, it acts as a diffuser, then put it in something waterproof and viola. par meter for $7
Cool. May have to give that a try. Thanks.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back