My Grateful Journeys Tank

Merthynia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Office tank can be soo cool. Let me know once you really get it going
Will do! I’m hoping to put maybe some sexy shrimp or perhaps a crab.
Wow Jesse, there is some cool stuff in that DT! You should take some time and do photos for yourself! Btw, love how the clown photobombed the pic right in the middle facing the camera!

And you are not cluttering my thread.
Haha thanks! Yeah, the clown’s name is Umi and he is a total jerk. He was watching to see if I needed to put my hand into the tank. I did manage to get the third and fourth tanks cleaned up a bit last night as well, but didn’t take any pictures.

Now that you have more fish, have you needed to change your feeding schedule much?

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Joel. It's really compact and very cool looking. Bioballs will be here in about a week. I'll for sure let you know.
Hey Joel, Thought I’d circle back on the rack. I love it. It really is small footprint, yet holds way more bioballs then my 75gal will need. It super lightweight, the as detritus builds up, you simply wipe off. And for the bioballs,that the holes were a little thick still and wouldn’t go on sticks, they sit inside, in-between the sticks and don’t move. Of course this would be a moot point if I had proper tools to widen the holes. TSA’s seeded bio-balls are Maxspect and they are hard as rocks, won’t crumble if you did want to widen.

@Calmwaters Amanda, I think you were interested about rack as well?

I’m actually going to order a small batch more and put in my sump for a soon-to-be-future home from my nems and clowns.

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nexus Joker Anemone - I got this beauty at Tidal Gardens Black Friday Live Sale! It doesn’t get too big, but is a consistent splitter about every three months. So if you don’t have a lot of dedicated Nem space, you’ll have to do what I do and give to you LFS for a store credit.

IMG_0140.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of us have read about the famous Weeping Willow Toadstool that the late, Jake Adams found. There was something about Jake’s combination of gentleness and Uber confidence in his reefing knowledge that allowed me to be still and totally engaged while watching his videos on ReefBuilders.

I love toadstools as they remind me of the Shire and that any proper hobbit gardener would have some in her garden. And while this one isn’t from Jake’s, it reminded me of him. So when I saw Top Shelf Aquatics had some during their Black Friday live sales, I was able to snag two - the TSA Weeping Toadstool.

IMG_0188.png IMG_2366.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Dumbo Favia from Riptide Aquaculture Corals; another Black Friday snag! I love the rainbow colors. I had originally placed him on a small rock on the sand, but my ever dilgent Diamond Goby kept dusting him on a daily basis. Dumbo really struggled and I finally moved him to a second-tier ledge on my rockscape and he has started to mend and color-up again. He will go in my new nano tank in a few weeks where I believe he will really thrive without Any sandsifters! Hope to have some RL photos of this little cutie soon.

IMG_2119.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placeholder for congrats and Ooooing and Ahhhhing I assume?
I’m actually trying to get it back to tank updates I can add staying closer together but I do have a small update, not a congrats update.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m actually trying to get it back to tank updates I can add staying closer together but I do have a small update, not a congrats update.
Got it! I was hoping you were adding placeholders for TSA trip. Question: have you scheduled that yet or waiting a few minutes?

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it! I was hoping you were adding placeholders for TSA trip. Question: have you scheduled that yet or waiting a few minutes?
waiting on results of all these tests to see if I they do surgery or radiation on leg first and how long I recuperate so I can travel. I spoke with TSA and told them I would know this week.

I can’t wait to do an TSA update on my thread. I think it might need its own thread to document whole trip. Thoughts?

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
waiting on results of all these tests to see if I they do surgery or radiation on leg first and how long I recuperate so I can travel. I spoke with TSA and told them I would know this week.

I can’t wait to do an TSA update on my thread. I think it might need its own thread to document whole trip. Thoughts?
We can't wait to see all the pictures! I think a separate thread might be nice because it's such a special thing!

OP
OP
ESABOE

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I like Dinkins…but I like reef nutrition phyto better…it’s super concentrated…but I love getting stuff from dinkins because of the stickers and notes it makes me feel special
Yes Kev - I’m Jen!
I only got the snackkebox bottles of copepods. Couldn’t see any in the bottles but assumed they were there. Hard to say if they are any different than other vendors long term with just one order. But they have a great reputation so will replenish with them very likely.

I switched from Algae Barn’s Ocean Magik to Reef Nutrition’s Live Phyto and I love it. Very concentrated and I can get from my LFS with the rest of the food I get from RN without paying for shipping!

There was nothing wrong with Ocean Magik though- got me thru first 4 months of new tank - the shipping delays from Colorado shipping facility caused too many delays and it’s such a perishable product (including their copepods). Also, shipping costs long term weren’t sustainable so I needed to switch.

Back