New Trident?

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cost of the device isn't awful but the reagents are since their life ticks away once mixed making the "hack" to make a 2 month kit last longer maybe useless. Hopefully though maybe they will last longer mixed or ABC comes out with some cheaper versions.
I’m waiting for folks to have the unit for a while and share their findings with these details. I’d have no problem only mixing a 2 month supply of reagents based on rewriting only a test every other day rather than daily so long as the opened unmixed reagents don’t expire.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m waiting for folks to have the unit for a while and share their findings with these details. I’d have no problem only mixing a 2 month supply of reagents based on rewriting only a test every other day rather than daily so long as the opened unmixed reagents don’t expire.

I get mine on the 30th

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You too can have a Trident NP for a cool $1700!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The same thing happened with the GHL's Ion and it will happen with the Maven. Happens with the latest and greatest of new gadgets.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I just bought it... it shows that it'll arrive tomorrow...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Precisely.

Cranie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the pricing about a week ago via email from BRS. It's only now showing May 30th avail. It was the same as the current Trident which I thought was ludicrous for 2 tests versus 3.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw the pricing about a week ago via email from BRS. It's only now showing May 30th avail. It was the same as the current Trident which I thought was ludicrous for 2 tests versus 3.
*Selling forum (dry goods) has entered the chat*

Let someone else spend that money and pick one up for $350-400 in a few months. This is everything these days. Fanatics drive up prices on everything. I buy as little reefing equipment as I need to new.

CreatiVe2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just received mine today!

mousehunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My crystal ball is generally calibrated by history. Apex appears to like to have a fairly clean upgrade path within their line, with a minimal discount for bundling. You can get 99% of the function from an upgraded Apex Jr in comparison to an Apex - and the original plus upgrades will only cost about 10% more than starting with the Apex. Likewise the Apex can be upgraded in functionality to almost a PRO for only a small amount more than the Pro would cost.

As such, my crystal ball says that IF they come out with a Trident +NP in a year or 3, it would probably cost within 10% of buying both a Trident and a Trident NP. That said, market conditions MIGHT change the price of those 2 units - but while competition might drive prices down, inflation always drives them up.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back