FuriuzReef

FuriuzReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they look great

Since your rocks match the 100 other examples of skip cycles from that thread in post 7 I added your link to the collection. You built a fine skip cycle reef.

Question

Did anyone at the pet store try and sell you bottle bac along with the rocks, or did they know those were full skip cycle rocks
Not along with the rocks but they sure tried when i called them with questions about this matter!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t fault them for not knowing about nitrite neutrality. It’s a newer reef cycling paradigm to ignore nitrite as we do. But your tank sure is done and ready for use :)

OP
OP
FuriuzReef

FuriuzReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t fault them for not knowing about nitrite neutrality. It’s a newer reef cycling paradigm to ignore nitrite as we do. But your tank sure is done and ready for use :)
Thank you so much, have you seen my question about what to put in first? Coral and fish or coral first or fish first? Or snails & shrimp first?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody can advise that you have to choose, and integrate it with a disease plan. That’s the only reason order of stocking would matter, lots of reefs have been set up with fish first or last, CUC first or never added at all (I don’t use them at all) but the disease plan controls what order of things you add.

See this link for one example of adding fish very last:

If you want to integrate a disease prevention plan into your stocking you’ll have to study jays disease forum here on the site, but that link above is one way to control order of stocking with a disease plan in mind.

OP
OP
FuriuzReef

FuriuzReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody can advise that you have to choose, and integrate it with a disease plan. That’s the only reason order of stocking would matter, lots of reefs have been set up with fish first or last, CUC first or never added at all (I don’t use them at all) but the disease plan controls what order of things you add.

See this link for one example of adding fish very last:

If you want to integrate a disease prevention plan into your stocking you’ll have to study jays disease forum here on the site, but that link above is one way to control order of stocking with a disease plan in mind.
I’m sorry but i’m very confused by this haha, as a beginner this feels very very new.

Exactly what is a disease plan?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll have to self study on it by reading the disease forum out in the forums list. The point is to build the reef in a way that is least likely to get your new fish diseased it’s a really tedious set of choices.

OP
OP
FuriuzReef

FuriuzReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll have to self study on it by reading the disease forum out in the forums list. The point is to build the reef in a way that is least likely to get your new fish diseased it’s a really tedious set of choices.

Thanks, should i not be worried about removing algea before adding fish or coral? Or can i buy algea eating snails together with coral/fish?

Back