PIC_1661.jpg

PIC_1663.jpg

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You having trouble cleaning around the sides with that LR so close? I made that same mistake, can barely get my hand down in there with a pad.

Very nice pics, tank is just full of corals. I may or may not rearrange mine today, gotta remove alot of the rock so it will be easier to catch a couple fish and get rid of them, the time has come, their days are numbered at my place!!;)

Again, sweet pics, you've come a long way pretty quick...did I read that right, just 4 months??

Steve

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that one shrooms is HUGE but i like the diversity.. keep that xenia in check though my friend

OP
OP
rebelprettyboy

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You having trouble cleaning around the sides with that LR so close? I made that same mistake, can barely get my hand down in there with a pad.

Very nice pics, tank is just full of corals. I may or may not rearrange mine today, gotta remove alot of the rock so it will be easier to catch a couple fish and get rid of them, the time has come, their days are numbered at my place!!;)

Again, sweet pics, you've come a long way pretty quick...did I read that right, just 4 months??

Steve

Yeah just 4 months. All the rocks and sand came from one of my other tanks so I just waited 2 weeks to be sure before adding anything. Never saw a cycle as expected.
And yeah its hard getting to the side glass, but I dont really worry about it. Every now and then the snails will clean it real good for me lol...

Thanks for the comments

OP
OP
rebelprettyboy

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that one shrooms is HUGE but i like the diversity.. keep that xenia in check though my friend

ha u can send me some if you would like lol

Yeah I usually trim it once a week cuz it grows so fast, but its been like 2 now since my list trming cuz I want it to grow on the side of the glass but it wont!!!

Ive been just tossing these in trash when I trim em. Unless someone local wants them and no one has SW tanks here and the lfs gives crappy credit so its not even worth the drive 30 min drive over there!

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some questions for you, that have probably already been asked :horse: but here goes...

1) What kind of salt do you use and how often/how much water do you change out?

2) What additives if any do you use and how often?

I just started making my own water over the last month or so, just can't get the kind of look you have with the coralline algae on the back....and you said you use the stock lighting which ticks me off even more seeing as my tank is like 5 times as old as yours and you'd think by looking at it, it was brand new. I have noticed about 4 spots of coralline on the back since I started using reef crystals...maybe that was the solution and I just need to be patient.

Steve

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha coral only.. why? i love watching my fish..but yea so much in so little time that's about the same timeframe i'm working with

OP
OP
rebelprettyboy

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some questions for you, that have probably already been asked :horse: but here goes...

1) What kind of salt do you use and how often/how much water do you change out?

2) What additives if any do you use and how often?

I just started making my own water over the last month or so, just can't get the kind of look you have with the coralline algae on the back....and you said you use the stock lighting which ticks me off even more seeing as my tank is like 5 times as old as yours and you'd think by looking at it, it was brand new. I have noticed about 4 spots of coralline on the back since I started using reef crystals...maybe that was the solution and I just need to be patient.

Steve

1. I use coralife salt. Love the reading I get with it when I mix it. and I change about 1 or 2 gallons a week. Pretty easy in a small tank!

2. I dont use any additives. Just put some phyto in there once a week. And thats about it really. And feed every coral in there that I can...

Reef Crystals is a good salt to use. Just no one use to carry it locally until LFS got new owners and now I dont wanna switch up salts.

OP
OP
rebelprettyboy

rebelprettyboy

xMRxCOMPLTEx
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized...yours is a coral only tank right? I didn't see any fish in any of the pics??

Steve

ha coral only.. why? i love watching my fish..but yea so much in so little time that's about the same timeframe i'm working with

lol its not coral only. I most def have fish. Thing about a small angler for my last and 3 fish.

If u look in the members tanks I have pics of my fish lol. And alot of my coral growth pretty sweet to look at! Hint Hint* I have a black and white seabe clown and Royal Gramma

Back