Reefwave Rotor (shaft and magnet) Replacement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone replaced the ReefWave 45 rotor, shaft and magnet (R35244)? I'm curious how to remove the green bearing from the motor. It should press out the same way the red side did, but want to be sure there are no caveats. One of my 45's recently stopped working and when I turned the impeller by hand, there were no magnet "notches". Have two new R35244 assemblies arriving today.

OP
OP
SPS2020

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After receiving the shaft and magnet kit, it was intuitive what to do. The green silicone rubber piece just slides out with the ceramic bushing. I used a punch and pushed out the bushing first and then the rubber piece just followed with no issues.

ReefWave45 Motor.jpg

As a side note, I assumed there should be a "notchy" resistance (think slot car motor) when turning the rotor, but there is not. After installing the new assembly, the gyre still did not work. To check the controller and power supply, I moved my other RW45 to this controller and it did not run either. So, the culprit was the controller\power supply. The controller had power, so I was baffled. I turned off power to the power supply and restarted...everything worked fine. Still scratching my head over that one, but both gyres are working and that was the end goal. lol

Back