BAMslam93

BAMslam93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! It's been a while but a lot has happened since my last update:

-Nitrates keep going up and are at 31 ppm with phosphates holding steady at .17-.19 ppm. Not only did I add codium but also got my hands on pom pom gracilaria, botryocladia, and red ogo. It was a PITA to get them secured in the rockwork but I stuck some frags in macroalgae holders from PrintedReef. I used Chemi-Pure Elite and Phosguard to bring my phosphate down but the nitrates just won't budge with 20% weekly water changes. I'm experimenting with feeding slightly less and switching to more frozen options. I also bought NoPox just in case as I'd love to add a zoa and mushroom coral in the future.

-Added a pair of peppermint shrimp to tackle my aiptasia problem. I got two massive buggers hiding in the cave in overhangs near the sandbed so I couldn't get them myself. So far, the shrimp are settling in and I haven't seen the aiptasia open up. Maybe they got them?

-I bought some purple and pink coralline algae cultures to help kickstart their takeover. Hope to see some signs in the coming months!

-New neighbor alert! I went down to my LFS to get the peppermint shrimp but no luck there. However, a tailspot blenny caught my eye and I couldn't pass up the opportunity lol. My LFS does medicated QT but I did an additional two weeks of observational quarantine. Today was the big day and I succeeded in my first fish transfer! Benny the blenny is now in an acclimation box to meet Mulder and Scully the clowns and I plan to release him into the display tomorrow :)

-Bryopsis came back with a vengeance. I want to do ReefFlux again but I don't want to remove my macros, ughhhhh

Wednesday will be Month 4!!

Attachments

• IMG_6238.JPG
    IMG_6238.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6240.JPG
    IMG_6240.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6166.jpg
    IMG_6166.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6167.jpg