The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
17 days now. The tang seemed to go through a normal adjustment period, where he was timid for a week or so before he’d really actively swim around the tank. He’s fairly small.

Assuming that bullying is the culprit, am I better off with a different Cirrhilabrus species? At very least, I’ve learned that I should’ve used an acclimation box.

Like Tcook said, they are notorious for being wimps. So even if no one was being aggressive in the tank, he might’ve been really hesitant and scared to come out and eat if he thought he had to compete.

In the future keeping him in an acclimation box for a few days and feeding him a lot will help him get some confidence and nutrition (they don’t really eat in transit) that will build his strength. And over feed your tank once you release so that no one feels like they have to compete, because there’s plenty for everyone.

And one last thing, it’s always possible he was unwell before you got him. Just weakness and stress from shipping, being in a store, etc.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the Fiji Christmas and the Moyers Leopard both made an appearance for food this afternoon. Some chasing going on by both the chaliasi fairy and the cosmetus, especially towards the moyers. No signs of any physical damage, and both ate well, don't look thin at all, and are continuing to traverse the tank. Hopefully a few days and some extra feedings make all the difference. The pencil wrasse is completely ignored by everyone, as is the tilefish. No pic of the fiji, since it darted under the sand as soon as my phone came up

20240527_164510.jpg
20240527_164605.jpg
20240527_164554.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever noticed that the Severnsi Pencils sometimes have a green throat? Mine seems to gain a pale green throat when he displays but then keeps it for a short period after he’s done and just before.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mrs. Pink Streak out for lunch, and a lower quality photo of both once my male caught up.

IMG_7442.jpeg

IMG_7422.jpeg
I’d love to get another 2 to regain a trio again. Your pair are gorgeous, how’s the male colouring up for you?

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to get another 2 to regain a trio again. Your pair are gorgeous, how’s the male colouring up for you?

I’d love to have a trio, too. I’ve been tempted to get another female but I’m hesitant because I don’t want to ruin their little relationship in any way haha.

And the male has his nice colors now. I wish I could get some photos that really capture the color though, because they are more impressive than come across in pictures!

IMG_4241.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back