TL’s big boy peninsula 385 gal Sps build!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Observing my tank this morning as the lights come on since I don’t get to see that very often with work… found 2 jellyfish swimming around! :astonished-face: That’s a first for me! They’re tiny about 1/8” or so… super hard to get a picture as only the blues are on currently! I’ll see what I can do when the lights come on.. def not the hydroid jelly’s either these look like swimming mushrooms lol.. I have a video but it’s hard to see.
No more jellies! Dory done ate them up! Haha… that was cool while it lasted.. video sucks but you can see it in the bottom left corner wish I could have got a better shot of it.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a recent FTS with the new corals added?
It’s hard to get a Fts.. I’ll shoot a video tomorrow when the lights are back on.. I can get a Fts but unless you zoom In you don’t really see anything haha! These were the last ones I took like 2 weeks ago:
IMG_2365.png
IMG_2364.png
IMG_2363.png

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see some fire in there through all that blue lighting. keep er growing! Scape is a great layout for future large colonies.
Thank you! That’s the plan! I left the rocks open where I hope it to fill in this year! It’s growing like crazy at the moment so it should be a good year!

Lakesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see a very nice looking tank a year from now (not that its not now). Really like the aquascape, where the sps corals form the aesthetics of the top half of the tank, as they grow at different rates and shape.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta say this bacteria feeding is off the chain!! This is a maricultured frag I got from a buddy who directly imported some Acros he clipped me a piece! This is exactly 1 month growth in my tank! It didn’t even adjust to my tank or captivity it just took off!
IMG_2435.jpeg
IMG_2434.jpeg
P

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my concoction for anyone wondering what I’m feeding… I stopped testing cause my tank is doing the best it’s ever done! I finally hit that equilibrium where I can dose as much reef roids or aminos and my numbers won’t budge as the tank is digesting the gut loaded bacteria and in turn processing and feeding the corals! I tested just now out of curiosity… numbers are crazy for how much nitrate and po4 I’ve been dosing lately.
IMG_2431.jpeg
IMG_2438.jpeg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my concoction for anyone wondering what I’m feeding… I stopped testing cause my tank is doing the best it’s ever done! I finally hit that equilibrium where I can dose as much reef roids or aminos and my numbers won’t budge as the tank is digesting the gut loaded bacteria and in turn processing and feeding the corals! I tested just now out of curiosity… numbers are crazy for how much nitrate and po4 I’ve been dosing lately.
IMG_2431.jpeg
IMG_2438.jpeg
I was going to ask what you dose. Thanks for sharing this

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2431.jpeg
IMG_2438.jpeg
I tried that line a couple times in the old tank and kept having cyano breakouts, not sure what I was doing wrong. You are definitely doing it right though

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried that line a couple times in the old tank and kept having cyano breakouts, not sure what I was doing wrong. You are definitely doing it right though
Did you have a carbon source feeding the bacteria? I’m using bacto balance and it seems to perform very well! I picked that up from Sunny x after years of vodka dosing and having cyano here or there… it doesn’t take much but the feeding response of the corals is crazy and all day they’re hungry haha! This is like a hour after dosing when the smoke clears it’s got all sorts of feeders out!
IMG_2101.jpeg

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have a carbon source feeding the bacteria? I’m using bacto balance and it seems to perform very well! I picked that up from Sunny x after years of vodka dosing and having cyano here or there… it doesn’t take much but the feeding response of the corals is crazy and all day they’re hungry haha! This is like a hour after dosing when the smoke clears it’s got all sorts of feeders out!
IMG_2101.jpeg
I genuinely don't remember at this point. Probably not given the difference in results lol

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I can't wait for the big tank so I can start up with anthias. I don't mind putting some fish in this one in the interim but they're one of the ones that have to wait.

Photos released!?

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I can't wait for the big tank so I can start up with anthias. I don't mind putting some fish in this one in the interim but they're one of the ones that have to wait.

Photos released!?
All went Into hiding immediately…. 2 didn’t make the ride ugh… hopefully they’ll be out today and I’ll get some photos.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had long term success with Anthias. Love them though. Looking forward to your success.!
I have with lyretails but these purple queens are temperamental and hard to keep! I did it back in the day without problems but the fish of today there’s no telling! Time shall tell…. I’m hoping half survive 5 so that’s why I grabbed 10… as of right now I believe I have 8 lol

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Photos released!?
Only seeing 5 of the 8 ugh…. Hopefully the other 3 are hiding still but I doubt it! They really glow under white lighting it’s hard to get a clean shot!
IMG_2474.png
IMG_2472.jpeg
IMG_2471.jpeg
IMG_2470.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back