Too Cool not to share... algae as a fuel source??

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Malum Argenteum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, that's an automaker's greenwashing ad. Its purpose is so that people don't feel so bad about driving cars (specifically ICE and PHEV cars, which Mazda is still making). Because EVs aren't taking off as well as hoped, and still have plenty of environmental impact, and since Madza's only EV ended production in 2023, they need to put a fresh face on ICE/PHEV.

"Seaweeds and other algae can be grown without the need for pesticides and fertilizers, and do not cause any major physical change to the environment."

Right below that is an aerial shot of a land-based seaweed farm. I'm trying to believe that no major physical change was made to the few hundred (thousand? hard to tell since the shot doesn't show the whole area) acres of marine shoreline shown. Perhaps there are some geologic forces in Japan that created a seaweed farm right there, that the farmers are just gathering product from. Probably no native plants or animals were living there before the farm came about.

There's another photo of a lab-grown phyto culture, though the culture cabinet is made of bamboo and pine sap -- oh I'm wrong, that's stainless and plastic, and electric lighting. No environmental costs here. Apparently they've figured out how to culture phyto without any nutrient inputs ("fertilizer"), too.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been using algae for feul for a 100+ years.
Gasoline/diesel/oil is NOT from dinosaurs.
;)
whaaaaaat? it's not???? I believed everything that the Rockefeller family said was truth all this time, wow...my mind is blown lol
Caroline Aaron Comedy GIF by CBS

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 77 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back