U.S. Senators and Representatives recommending a ban on the international trade of wildlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok i'm brain dead. where do i sign?????

Click on the "Find form here" link in the original post.

You may have to scroll up to find the form entry area once you get to the PIJAC letter.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Signed.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is “F-35 specs leak worthy” (or if China did the same thing, J-20 specs) level of anger and frustration to me. Maybe I’m overreacting, but this is a hobby that I, and I’m sure all of us here hold dear.

I’ve just submitted my name.

If all these men in suits can keep up with the dedication of maintaining a tank for 6 months, then they can ban whatever they want. :)

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't understand how they believe stopping the ornamental fish trade would solve anything when we still pull billions of tons of seafood from the ocean for eating! I'm not a scientist, but I think common sense says eating a fish has more potential for spreading a disease than keeping one in an aquarium

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't understand how they believe stopping the ornamental fish trade would solve anything when we still pull billions of tons of seafood from the ocean for eating! I'm not a scientist, but I think common sense says eating a fish has more potential for spreading a disease than keeping one in an aquarium
This is where people get it wrong. They( the people in power) are not trying to stop the ornamental fish trade. They are simply committing a kneejerk reaction of " let's stop all international trade in animals" as a response to the idea that this pandemic came from "wet markets". They don't take the time to research who or what is all affected by such a ban. Pijac, and by proxy , all of us who signed, are trying to educate them on that issue. This happens to many industries all the time with legislation that carries severe and unintentional consequences. We must speak up, educate and advocate on our hobbies/industry's behalf. Getting angry at someone for being ignorant is not helpful, educating them is.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stupid knee jerk politicians.

signed

Worse thing is a dumb bill and law like this could result in say Military families not being able to take pet dogs and cats with them when they move from say Germany or Japan back too the US.

Last edited:

AlexKintner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of blaming this and that, why not blame the increasingly unaffordable healthcare and sky high medical bills across the US? Why not reform / revolutionize the whole health care system instead of pointing fingers? The one who points at the plank of wood does not see the own speck in his eye, if I’ve said it correctly.

Universal healthcare, education, must be among the basic rights granted to citizens of any modern nation that calls itself democratic and civilized.

Anyway, before I get too political, it’s just another time where politicians are acting as they always do..... and that’s stupid.

I don’t come from a democracy (unfortunately) but.... it’s times like these that I really see how ALL politicians regardless of the ideology or political system they profess are just..... well I’d rather not use the language I feel like using next.

Rights are not 'granted'. They are inherent, and should be protected.

@revhtree... thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please remove political posts.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signed up for this a few days ago!

Somewhat predictable over-reaction I'm afraid. I'd support prohibiting certain animal species from import, but a blanket cessation is a typical, and likely ineffective, blunt instrument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 93 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 110 49.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Back