OP
Polymate3D

Polymate3D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been another week, totalling at least 8 weeks now since the crash. Found a bristleworm out of a rock dead.

Emerald crab and some bumblebee snails still alive along with the GSP. I moved some GSP I to the QT tank which is thriving with amphipods and the like. Within a few hours it had more polyps out and was happier.

The black in the crushed coral floor on the main tank is spreading. I used a turkey baster to disturb some of it and a black cloud came out and just sat on top of the crushed coral until it dispersed. Whatever it is, is certainly heavier than water.

So today the emerald crab went back to the LFS and I have moved some live rock pieces with no Aptasia, algae etc and placed I to the QT tank along with the remaining GSP. Again after a few hours it looks happier. Also finding the 1st rock with GSP has amphipods and the like crawling over and cleaning up what algae was on it.

The Fluval Evo is going to be broken down and the remaining live rock turned into dry rock for later on. There is too many things I want to do to the Evo and not enough time and money. I still don't have a set plan either so after this many weeks I'm just going to call it quits and restart once I have my ideas down. Focus on the Pico concepts!

Water still measures great. I did find damage to some UV LED's in my light I had on the Evo, do maybe something to do with that?

Either way I am not happy with the lighting or the filtration on the Evo, so breaking down has begun. The crushed coral will go as I don't trust it will be okay with whatever is going on in there!

So I think that wraps up this thread. Hopefully the update helps people who get into this same mess. Just restart. It's not worth fighting it.

I am not out of the hobby and the remaining rock and inverts will live in the thriving QT tank with a small damsel so I can confirm it seems as okay as it appears.

I have the Pico concepts to think about, and then I will come back to my nano with a fresh outlook and set of ideas.

- Paul

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back