You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah. The hope is that an actual saltwater designed tank will be easier to maintain. I can’t believe how tough some of the algae on my tank has gotten. Even if I dive in with a razor blade some of it refuses to budge. And the scratches just give it such good places to grow from.

Also I really want a cooler aquascape
The algae, alk, may have started to etch into the glass. About 8 to 10 years you really notice the erosion of the glass.

Also, glass is an interesting material in itself. Its not a liquid or a solid. But over time, the bottom gets thicker as the top thins. Im not sure how many decades/centuries it takes. It's an extremely slow moving material.

I do hope you find more joy in a tank designed for reefing. It's made my days a lot easier. Having 2 kids. I would need to dump the standard glass out of pure frustration.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added 60lbs of new/live rock . Diatom bloom blew up in my tank. It does go with some invert help.
Yep. Unfortunately the bird wrasse has been nipping at the snails. Luckily Mexican turbos are as tough a snail as you can get.

And if that doesn’t work I believe I have the superbug of corals in that GSP which I can graft onto the rock lol.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the tank woes and the lunatus. Sometimes a fresh start is the best thing. With a new 4ft tank would you be keeping your current stock or would they be going elsewhere?
Anyway if I go through with this then it will be a SPS tank because that’s what I find easiest and of course tang dominant.
Obviously everyone missed my joke. I was hoping someone would challenge me on it and I’d double down by claiming I was gonna get a school of bluespine unicorns and some black tangs.

But in actuality I’d probably rehome a few fish but keep most. Only definite out is the clownfish and I’d probably move the cleaner wrasse to the big tank now it’s grown. I’d like to move the fox over but not sure how it would do with the other fox. But it certainly wouldn’t let that tank have all that bubble algae.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Obviously everyone missed my joke. I was hoping someone would challenge me on it and I’d double down by claiming I was gonna get a school of bluespine unicorns and some black tangs
I was gunna say. Prision can change a man. So can gha.
Wrasse lover converted tang gang....
But, with all the sensitivity in the forums lately.

I need to remember... you aren't one of those.. i think?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Until they invent a tang that sucks the glass clean like a clingfish/pleco I think I’m good. I still believe an invert CUC is the best option.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Oh he's super sensitive. Just make sure you call it a H. Chrysus and not a Yellow Coris and he won't cry.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh he's super sensitive. Just make sure you call it a H. Chrysus and not a Yellow Coris and he won't cry.
Why would anyone do that!? I must be taking crazy pills or something!

If anyone needs me, I'll be in my Angry Dome.
1714669554165.gif

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously everyone missed my joke. I was hoping someone would challenge me on it and I’d double down by claiming I was gonna get a school of bluespine unicorns and some black tangs.

But in actuality I’d probably rehome a few fish but keep most. Only definite out is the clownfish and I’d probably move the cleaner wrasse to the big tank now it’s grown. I’d like to move the fox over but not sure how it would do with the other fox. But it certainly wouldn’t let that tank have all that bubble algae.
I saw it, almost reacted, then thought, Nah he knows what he's doing, maybe going with small ones and cranking the flow.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back