See y'all in the morning!
20240427_183546.jpg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I do! I am happy though, because the clown seems like he could care less, and he's not even attacking back which makes me think that I picked a peaceful one!
Same with my clowns - not a whole lot fazes them. I don’t think they are very smart - but just fun-loving goofballs who also hold their own - interesting combination of personality traits!

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine very peaceful but since a bit more of 2 weeks one chase the other when light switch off for 10/15 min and after they sleep together. This behavior appears after 4 and half months. I make the jump I bought a small goni garden, hopefully it will live, at least it is open.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends, these days I have been a little away from everything, since Tuesday night these have been the worst days of my life, our family suffered a tragedy, on Tuesday night my grandmother, my cousin and my aunt suffered a car accident and unfortunately my grandmother (who raised me since I was born) and my cousin died, my aunt is in intensive care, I share this with you because since I arrived here you have treated me like a lifelong friend, telling you this I ask that you continue with the conversations and everything as normal since, believing that it is the only thing that has kept me a little distracted, many greetings and see you in a few days
Luis, my whole heart and prayers to you and your family. I am sorry I am just seeing this now. Please keep us updated on your Aunt. I will continue to read thru these pages to catch-up on updates.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much to all, I really appreciate it, but keep talking as usual please. How are the tanks today?
My LFS owner, Dylan (you’ll hear me talk about him a lot); came by yesterday and did our usual 3-week 30% water change and did some extra cleanup in sump and cleaned out both pumps - main and UV. I worked on detritus right below sand-line - hadn’t done that in weeks and it was not looking good. We added a glass baffle wall separating pumps from rest of sump and put in large filter floss piece. I’m going low tech still. I don’t use a skimmer, reactors or fuge. Just a Red Sea Reef Mat Roller. I do have a healthy population of various copepods and replenish every 60 days. I also manually dose Phyto everyday.

That’s my tank update!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My LFS owner, Dylan (you’ll hear me talk about him a lot); came by yesterday and did our usual 3-week 30% water change and did some extra cleanup in sump and cleaned out both pumps - main and UV. I worked on detritus right below sand-line - hadn’t done that in weeks and it was not looking good. We added a glass baffle wall separating pumps from rest of sump and put in large filter floss piece. I’m going low tech still. I don’t use a skimmer, reactors or fuge. Just a Red Sea Reef Mat Roller. I do have a healthy population of various copepods and replenish every 60 days. I also manually dose Phyto everyday.

That’s my tank update!
I recently had a pod explosion. Trying to decide if I want to try a Mandarin or Dragonette. Probably not, but the thought did cross my mind at least twice. Maybe even 3 times.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a pod explosion. Trying to decide if I want to try a Mandarin or Dragonette. Probably not, but the thought did cross my mind at least twice. Maybe even 3 times.
Dude! I’m totally preparing for a phyicadelic mandarin! Been waiting for my tank to truly mature. So yeah, thought about it a lot too.

I say let’s do it! You got your new tank and mine is just about rdy!

Last edited:

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’m behind on photos - blue-side wrasse(a.k.a., Blue) is doing great - the Puppy finally not being a toddler w/temper tantrum during feeding and leaves Blue alone. I promise to get some photos this week. I’m exhausted after babysitting and still have a few days to go.

Also, Dylan got my next sets of fish in and will be QT and conditioning over next two weeks. I’m amazed he was able to procure so quickly and with the coloration I had wanted to start with:

Pair of bonded Helfrichi Firefish - the most beautiful lavender with gold heads

Trio of Lryetail Anthias - one male with already good transition on colors and two females! Male is the purple variety, not red. Females will stay peachy color.

I am stopping by LFS tomorrow and will take pictures of them - or at least Dylan will as I am terrible at moving photo subjects. I will post for you all to see.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That’s my tank update!
I should have said that I also have a UV sterilizer. I keep on algae mode unless I add new fish, corals or un-aquacultured CUC; then I switch to parasite mode for 14 days.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I’m behind on photos - blue-side wrasse(a.k.a., Blue) is doing great - the Puppy finally not being a toddler w/temper tantrum during feeding and leaves Blue alone. I promise to get some photos this week. I’m exhausted after babysitting and still have a few days to go.

Also, Dylan got my next sets of fish in and will be QT and conditioning over next two weeks. I’m amazed he was able to procure so quickly and with the coloration I had wanted to start with:

Pair of bonded Helfrichi Firefish - the most beautiful lavender with gold heads

Trio of Lryetail Anthias - one male with already good transition on colors and two females! Male is the purple variety, not red. Females will stay peachy color.

I am stopping by LFS tomorrow and will take pictures of them - or at least Dylan will as I am terrible at moving photo subjects. I will post for you all to see.
Oh man the Helfrichi are stunning fish! As are the Anthias! Can't wait to see pics and then see them in your tank!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back