0   0   0

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1715110740054.jpeg

This. This will help. I have an apple in the AM + high protein breakfast. Only bread-y things on "special breakfast" days like when I make the kids chocolate croissants (hey, the French can manage it!). Lunch and dinner are another type of struggle. But the apples help with a lot of things!
p.s., Sugarbees are my absolute favorites. Crisp like a honeycrisp, but sweet like a mix between Fuji and Envy apples, but less fiber-y than the latter. To each their own, though.
Never seen sugar bees in markets in Calif. might have to check farmers market.

I love an apple as my snack. I can’t really eat fruit because of sugar, but the three I do:

Apples organic (in season only)
Blueberries (year round only organic)
Banana (very green, less sugar)

However, I am a stonefruit fanatic so for summer, while in season, I eat as much as I want all organic:

Plums
Apricots
Peaches

And yes JoJo, one does not pass up the croissant- ever! Curious what the protein part of your breakfast is?

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry i can't not have sugar in my coffee and I can't not have coffee...
Nothing wrong with coffee - as long as you don’t drink a pot full.

If that’s your only “added” sugar in your diet, that’s fine. It’s important to keep some comfort items. You could try raw sugar or stevia if you wanted to, but as long as it;s not 4+ tsp, per cup, just enjoy it.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen sugar bees in markets in Calif. might have to check farmers market.

I love an apple as my snack. I can’t really eat fruit because of sugar, but the three I do:

Apples organic (in season only)
Blueberries (year round only organic)
Banana (very green, less sugar)

However, I am a stonefruit fanatic so for summer, while in season, I eat as much as I want all organic:

Plums
Apricots
Peaches

And yes JoJo, one does not pass up the croissant- ever! Curious what the protein part of your breakfast is?
I find Sugarbees in Albertsons and Stater Bro here in OC. For proteins I eat Mozzarella balls and Manchego cheese from Costco, boiled eggs, the Serrano ham/chorizo wrapped around cheese thingies from Costco, yogurt (added sugar bc I like vanilla), cashews and pistachios. I add pistachios and raisins to my vanilla yogurt. Not all of that at once, of course. I sometimes eat frozen pecans, too--must be frozen how I like them. A lot of dairy! :)

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish you weren’t becoming a member but welcome to the Amlodipine club! I always had great blood pressure, on the lower side. After my transplant my doctor put me on blood pressure medicine. I questioned the need and he said I now have post transplant hypertension. I didn’t know that was a thing. Ithas been doubled since.
Agreed- not a club I want you or anyone else to be in. But many of the chemos have caused blood clots in my ankles, lungs. I’m permanently on Zarelto - ugh. And like Kev, prior to big health issue, never had anything wrong with me.

But, here is my cautionary tale: I’d been on oral chemo drug for 6 yrs., had planned a trip to Disneyworld with adult son (you’ve seen the photo many times); in the middle of trip, my oncologist calls me from her personal cell number (odd), and lets me know the scans I did a week prior showed multiple blood clots in ankles and that I needed to come in ASAP and get shots to disingrste them, and also said don’t get on a plane.

Hahahahaha

I said, well, I already was on a 5 hour flight and I’m in Florida! The injection wasn’t a normal product pharmacies carry. So I call every pharmacy within an hour of hotel, finally find one. I have to take the shot in my stomach every day for 3 days before I can get on plane.

So, I had waited 20+ yrs. to take this kid to Disneyland and we had each day planned and I wasn’t missing anything. My only question to dr was, Can I go on roller coasters- she said yes. I said, then I am good.

Took the Uber to pharmacy, got the box of injections, put in backpack. Uber drops us off at Disney entrance- while my son grabs us a wheelchair, I go in bathroom and do stomach shot (gee, that was fun). I get in wheelchair and off we go! Repeat each day. Had the time of our lives.

The most difficult part was sitting him down on the morning we were flying home. I had to be honest and let him know there was a small possibility the blood clot would move and I could go into cardiac arrest or just die. I gave the Carrie Fisher example. In that moment, I saw him grow 2 inches more into manhood,, and he said, We got this!

So, for anyone hesitating to get annual checkups, or not take prescribed meds, just do it!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone else having problems with the app? It has not sent me all the notifications for a few days and when I enter I am 1 page or 2 behind
I dropped off so many this week - including my own build thread. At this point I’m just clicking on bell icon, going to bottom and clicking See All, and then scrolling. Tim has a good instruction screenshot, I can’t find, but maybe he can repost.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all, jet lag is a bit difficult, felt very sleepy since 6pm lol. I am in Atlanta for 2 days and half and Washington for a 1 day and half so no visit. Next time I will visit Georgia aquarium in July. Hope you are all doing OK.
Missing you!
Hopefully in 2024 you will be able to get closer to one of the States we live in. At least maybe one of us can meet you for lunch or coffee

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad you’re doing better...add a good multivitamin and some liquid turmeric to your daily intake. Do not get the pill form as it does not have the same body Absorbtion rate as liquid. The brand Qunol is awesome, costco carries it. One tablespoon in water or any liquid will help with vitamin Absorbtion, inflammatory issues and joints..... I got my girl on it and her shoulder is feeling better then ever. It is not a maricle cure but it does help... I notice a big difference in recovery time from work outs and of course heavy lifting puts strain on bones and I don't get as much pain anymore. Just sharing some life experiences with you to help ya, only a suggestion my friend...
Big fan of turmeric. I buy the root and grind it or high-quality powder version. However, if you don’t add black pepper, it loses its anti-inflammatory efficacy.

Liquid version would be so much easier - going to check that out Ocean!

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with coffee - as long as you don’t drink a pot full.

If that’s your only “added” sugar in your diet, that’s fine. It’s important to keep some comfort items. You could try raw sugar or stevia if you wanted to, but as long as it;s not 4+ tsp, per cup, just enjoy it.
I do use raw sugar for the most part. Can't do stevia though for some reason it triggers my migraines. Most days I have 2 cups of coffee occasionally 3.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped off so many this week - including my own build thread. At this point I’m just clicking on bell icon, going to bottom and clicking See All, and then scrolling. Tim has a good instruction screenshot, I can’t find, but maybe he can repost.
Doesn't matter what I do I don't get any/very few notifications.
I just have to do a lookie loo a lot.
;):astonished-face:

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back