00W's AIO Smorgasbord

kingranch2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the rock was accessible, no coral near the aiptasia, (esp zoas or palys) used to pull the rock out and hit the aiptasa with my mapp or lp torch, rinse rock in a bucket of tank water and put it back in the tank. Had a pretty hateful relationship with aiptasia at the time.
I totally understand how you feel, and I only see one lol. This joker is in the very middle rock of a stack, of course. I'd love to be able to take it out and blast it like your did!

smitten with ocean life

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whenever i feed the frozen food, i see him come out and eat. its just a saltwater frozen mixture. doubt he has much of a chance to catch much that comes from the plank which is a mix of flakes, reef jerky and mysis. the tangs are usually waiting to catch every morsel....

Linlox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally understand how you feel, and I only see one lol. This joker is in the very middle rock of a stack, of course. I'd love to be able to take it out and blast it like your did!
the other suggestions definitely can work, I never did the boiling water. Used aiptasia-x, kalkwasser, and definitely a torch. One just became many so fast in that tank.
Was just watching the liveaquaria divers den - live dive on youtube this afternoon and the third zoa rock that came up for sale had a giant aiptasia in the middle of them. Viewers called them out in chat and they removed it from the sale and moved on. These are supposedly inspected and monitored before being offered for sale, but you couldnt miss that big ole aiptasia.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whenever i feed the frozen food, i see him come out and eat. its just a saltwater frozen mixture. doubt he has much of a chance to catch much that comes from the plank which is a mix of flakes, reef jerky and mysis. the tangs are usually waiting to catch every morsel....
Can you feed frozen for a week and if possible twice a day to see if it improves or increase the dose of frozen? Maybe it's that the other fish don't let him eat and if you don't have any algae in the tank either

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so back to the tailspot... can i just tuck some clam on the half shell down by his hideaway?
I don't believe tailspots have teeth therefore they can not get chunks out of a whole clam. I take clams (little neck in my case, but any SW clam you can find should work) pop them in the freezer for about an hour so the abductor muscles release and pop them open with a butter knife. Then I take all the clams and blend them to about the size of a grain of rice, then freeze for future feedings. I have small fish so this is what works for me. I still feed mysis, just not as often. The reason I stopped is because a large portion of each piece of mysis is just shell so the amount of meat each fish was getting was a lot less than I thought.

I'd reccomend turning off all flow, then feed your fish and if your TSB hasn't left its home, spot feed it right infront of him and every few days gradually get farther away to hopefully get him out of his comfort zone. If that still doesn't work then it may need to be spot fed for life.

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some person on my street had this with a sign that said "free aquarium"... so of course I took it. A 20g tank. Perfect size for a quarantine when I upgrade!

20240909_192613.jpg

kingranch2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the other suggestions definitely can work, I never did the boiling water. Used aiptasia-x, kalkwasser, and definitely a torch. One just became many so fast in that tank.
Was just watching the liveaquaria divers den - live dive on youtube this afternoon and the third zoa rock that came up for sale had a giant aiptasia in the middle of them. Viewers called them out in chat and they removed it from the sale and moved on. These are supposedly inspected and monitored before being offered for sale, but you couldnt miss that big ole aiptasia.
Ignore the big stringy purplish "zoa" that looks like an anemone. Nothing to see here...!

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some person on my street had this with a sign that said "free aquarium"... so of course I took it. A 20g tank. Perfect size for a quarantine when I upgrade!

20240909_192613.jpg
Nothing like free!

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing this, I want a dolphin for my 32g!
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Dolphin police! (I was only a tang police, but now I'm a dolphin police??)

Kev, you actually need a 250,000 gallon tank to keep a dolphin happy.

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 57 77.0%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 6 8.1%
Back