1/2 Apex. 1/2 Hydros.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am slowly changing over to all Hydros, currently at a stopping point as I am just waiting on the Maven.
Currently I have an apex, eb832, DOS trident, leak detectors, optical sensors.
For Hydros I have the Wave Engine, Minnow doser, x4, xp8 energy bar, WiFi bar, leak detection rope and float sensor.
Both units have pros and cons. I have had to get use to the hydros programming and language, but overall I am pleased with the change.

IMG_5582.jpeg

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am slowly changing over to all Hydros, currently at a stopping point as I am just waiting on the Maven.
For Hydros I have the Wave Engine, Minnow doser, x4, xp8 energy bar, WiFi bar, leak detection rope and float sensor.
Both units have pros and cons. I have had to get use to the hydros programming and language, but overall I am pleased with the change.

IMG_5582.jpeg
Do you know about the Hydros facebook group and the Hydros forum?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some groups will pause your ability to post until your membership is approved so that might be the issue there. That group was started by some users. The one in my link was started by CoralVue.

justdeb1107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5582.jpeg
I’m no expert, but I think you might be able to fit a few more things in that space. ;)

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so which do you like better hydros or apex im thinking of converting to hydros as it was recommended by neptune that i upgrade my 2016 apex for the a3 if i wanted to use the trident np and quiet drive dos makes no sense to spend close to 1k for a new controller

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so which do you like better hydros or apex im thinking of converting to hydros as it was recommended by neptune that i upgrade my 2016 apex for the a3 if i wanted to use the trident np and quiet drive dos makes no sense to spend close to 1k for a new controller
I cannot say as far as Apex since I have never had one. I switched from Digital Aquatics to Hydros. I like it a lot and now have 15 controllers in my collective but I have quite a bit of things automated now. I have a lot of information in my build thread here on R2R. You can click on the My Tank Thread banner in one of my post and go to my build thread. The Hydros information starts on page 6 post #

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the hydros better. Seems better built, I haven’t had any issues yet. I only hope The Maven is a success and I can get rid of all apex.

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Bringing this thread back to life!

I am full apex with a Trident and I picked up the Sole to start my collective.

I choose to start with the Sole so it can control my calcium reactor based on my KH Carer (love this tester). I also believe that the Sole is better solution to AWC vs the Neptune DOS. The sole is super quiet and can move more water faster. The only downside to the sole is the price tag. $299 for a single pump. But so far the upside makes it worth checking out.

I have had Neptune for a long time and know it well. I'm on a learning curve for Hydros but it's not too hard to figure out. Worked with Conner at Coralview and was able to get help within an hour. The same support call would have taken way longer with Neptune!

I'm not sure how I am going to proceed with the changeover since I am heavily invested in Apex. I'm leaning towards letting hydros control the testing and water chemistry. I think the Maven in combination with my KH Carer should cover all the bases.

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bringing this thread back to life!

I am full apex with a Trident and I picked up the Sole to start my collective.

I choose to start with the Sole so it can control my calcium reactor based on my KH Carer (love this tester). I also believe that the Sole is better solution to AWC vs the Neptune DOS. The sole is super quiet and can move more water faster. The only downside to the sole is the price tag. $299 for a single pump. But so far the upside makes it worth checking out.

I have had Neptune for a long time and know it well. I'm on a learning curve for Hydros but it's not too hard to figure out. Worked with Conner at Coralview and was able to get help within an hour. The same support call would have taken way longer with Neptune!

I'm not sure how I am going to proceed with the changeover since I am heavily invested in Apex. I'm leaning towards letting hydros control the testing and water chemistry. I think the Maven in combination with my KH Carer should cover all the bases.
That’s good to know about the Kh carer, I am fully hydros now and just test my alk manually for the time being

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also the iV you can use but will need dosing pumps with it. Most use dosing pumps from an X10. The stirrer on the iV uses a drive ports.

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also the iV you can use but will need dosing pumps with it. Most use dosing pumps from an X10. The stirrer on the iV uses a drive ports.

Yep, exactly this.
HYDROS users should have the flexibility to operate any equipment they own or plan to purchase. This is why partnerships with companies that enable seamless integration are crucial—and in my view, the ethical approach. HYDROS is compatible with various third-party products, such as Sicce pumps, Kamoer’s kH Carer, and Focustronic’s Mastertronic and Alkatronic.

At the same time, we believe in offering first-party solutions. With HYDROS, every Control unit comes with the software needed for Alkalinity Testing. As @n2585722 mentioned, to use the iV for testing, you'll need dosers, a pH probe, and a Drive Port. The X10 model is the easiest way to get started, as it includes all of these components, but any HYDROS Control can be used. Additionally, the X10’s fourth doser can function as a Dynamic Doser, adjusting the amount of effluent needed to buffer alkalinity—whether that’s coming from Balling, a calcium reactor, Kalkwasser, or another source.

ExampleSetupOne (2).jpg

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, exactly this.
HYDROS users should have the flexibility to operate any equipment they own or plan to purchase. This is why partnerships with companies that enable seamless integration are crucial—and in my view, the ethical approach. HYDROS is compatible with various third-party products, such as Sicce pumps, Kamoer’s kH Carer, and Focustronic’s Mastertronic and Alkatronic.

At the same time, we believe in offering first-party solutions. With HYDROS, every Control unit comes with the software needed for Alkalinity Testing. As @n2585722 mentioned, to use the iV for testing, you'll need dosers, a pH probe, and a Drive Port. The X10 model is the easiest way to get started, as it includes all of these components, but any HYDROS Control can be used. Additionally, the X10’s fourth doser can function as a Dynamic Doser, adjusting the amount of effluent needed to buffer alkalinity—whether that’s coming from Balling, a calcium reactor, Kalkwasser, or another source.

ExampleSetupOne (2).jpg
Yes I have been very pleased with all my hydros and waiting on The Maven, I suspect I am not the first to say that :). I am going to keep manual testing for now and consider the Kh carer by the end of the year as a back up plan.

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was going to approach the Hydros change over slowly. Well that didn't work out as planned. I went all in and ditched the Apex. Went with 2 Launch's one for the Tank and the other for my water station. 2 XP8's ( 1 for the sump room and the other for under the tank), 1 Sole for my Calcium reactor and plan to add 2 more for AWC. picked up the TDS meter. That is a really nice add on!

I will get the Maven when it comes out to pair with my KH Carer. KH Carer has been solid with about 15 tests ran so far.

Really impressed on the ease of us and setup. Setting advance actions were simple once you get to know the procedures.

I wished i went with Hydros sooner. Now I just need to find some good mounting solutions for all this equipment

OP
OP
leepink23

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to approach the Hydros change over slowly. Well that didn't work out as planned. I went all in and ditched the Apex. Went with 2 Launch's one for the Tank and the other for my water station. 2 XP8's ( 1 for the sump room and the other for under the tank), 1 Sole for my Calcium reactor and plan to add 2 more for AWC. picked up the TDS meter. That is a really nice add on!

I will get the Maven when it comes out to pair with my KH Carer. KH Carer has been solid with about 15 tests ran so far.

Really impressed on the ease of us and setup. Setting advance actions were simple once you get to know the procedures.

I wished i went with Hydros sooner. Now I just need to find some good mounting solutions for all this equipment
It didn’t take long for me to completely switch over either. I definitely prefer it to the apex. Let me know in a month or so how the Kh carer is doing? Does it integrate with the hydros?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back