*** 10 WINNERS!! WIN a BRAND NEW Natura iCon Reef Light in The Amazing Orphek Giveaway!! $8,000+ in Prizes!! ***

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: How does the Sun & Moon Synchronization feature of the Natura iCon benefit your reef tank?
I plan to retire soon and this light can simulate natural cycles that drive coral reef reproductive activities. That's a thing that I hope to try out when I have the time to focus on fun projects.

twentyleagues

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: What excites you most about the future of saltwater aquarium lighting? What is one innovative idea you hope will eventually become a reality for reef lighting?
The expanded options available. The ability to mimic what the corals receive in nature anywhere in the world.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: How might natural light synchronization improve the biological rhythms of corals in a reef tank?
My corals would be saying:
Feel Good Max GIF by NETFLIX
in the ocean! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :cool:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: How important is ease of maintenance when selecting a reef light?
I hope that the light will be "Set it and forget it" and don't think about maintenance really when I think of (LED) lights. That's just me. I expect these lights will be fairly hands off most of the year.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: How do you integrate new lighting technology with existing aquarium setups?
I'm hoping to get a few of these to set up over a new tank and the only thing that comes over from the existing set ups are the corals I want to focus these lights on.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: How do you use lighting programs like Coral Acclimation and Clouds to benefit your tank?
Moving corals from Mh to LED the new system lighting could really prevent issues for the transition.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: How important is ease of maintenance when selecting a reef light?
Extremely important to me, I get a surprising amount of dust accumulateing on my lights and getting them clean is important to me

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: How has reef lighting technology evolved since you first started reefing?
Hahahaha! It crawled out of the primordial soup of T8 shop lights and daylight bulbs, then into power compacts and the Metal Halide epoch until LED's came on the scene.
Most recently

The Amazing Orphek Natura iCon reef light evolved as the superior lighting choice available now!​

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: What’s the best way to measure the effectiveness of your reef lighting setup?
I think there a numerous ways to measure the effectiveness but they always say that the proof is in the pudding. I hope that I will be pudding these lights to the test soon enough!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: How do you prioritize features when selecting a new reef light?
Spectral output, natural ramp up & moon phase have got to be available and functional to simulate the sun and moon's patterns.

A-10reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DAILY QUESTION: What's one topic of discussion in these daily questions you've enjoyed discussing or learning about? What's one thing you'd like to know more about with regard to reef lighting?
I liked reading a lot of the comments about how people set up their lights and the vast differences between lighting preferences and still have thriving tanks.

I want to know more about the day/night features and the benefits to corals. It would seem like most led lights out there could do this, but why don't they? Is there a substantial benefit to the corals?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back