125 - Took Forever But Here It is!

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sitting here at the pool at the resort... In Hawaii. Sitting at the pool maybe 100 feet from the ocean. What is wrong with my kids?

IMG_20240616_185252979.jpg
Thinking back on this . It’s the same reason why you take the kids to a campground right next to a mountain, suggest “hey kids let’s go hike the mountain. It’s a beautiful perfect day for it”. And you get a response or lack thereof of them on their phones and tablets….

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For those that haven't seen since I didn't really announce it:

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't know that I've ever seen a full grown Berghia. I was moving a couple of rocks trying to finish this tear down and found 2 Berghia that were over an inch. I also found 2 smaller Berghia. Beautiful colors when they're not just plain dull grey.

IMG_20240801_113659178.jpg

The colors don't really show up here but the cerata really fluoresce a neat yellow/green under blue lights.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't know that I've ever seen a full grown Berghia. I was moving a couple of rocks trying to finish this tear down and found 2 Berghia that were over an inch. I also found 2 smaller Berghia. Beautiful colors when they're not just plain dull grey.

The colors don't really show up here but the cerata really fluoresce a neat yellow/green under blue lights.
I need to get some of those. I'm having trouble keeping up nuking them.

tharbin

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I need to get some also. My Peppermints are turning out to be troublesome. While they are taking out smaller aiptasia, they also took out a gold hammer after I feed it. I can't feed the LPS now until I design and print some shrimp-proof LPS feeding domes.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I need to get some also. My Peppermints are turning out to be troublesome. While they are taking out smaller aiptasia, they also took out a gold hammer after I feed it. I can't feed the LPS now until I design and print some shrimp-proof LPS feeding domes.
These are those ones the guy in Goodyear gave me for free. They've bred a couple of times I think. I'm going to drop one or two of them in the 70. Not sure if it's worth it to you to drive up here for 2 or 3 of these guys but I'd gladly give them to you. Once I tear down the 125 they're just going to die.

felda001

Getting old sucks. Beats the alternative though
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are those ones the guy in Goodyear gave me for free. They've bred a couple of times I think. I'm going to drop one or two of them in the 70. Not sure if it's worth it to you to drive up here for 2 or 3 of these guys but I'd gladly give them to you. Once I tear down the 125 they're just going to die.
If you want to try breeding them for fun and profit I'm sure a couple of LFS here have spare aptasia in their tanks

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you want to try breeding them for fun and profit I'm sure a couple of LFS here have spare aptasia in their tanks
I've got plenty of that! I don't have room. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

tharbin

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim, that is a generous offer. It actually would be worth it except that I don't think I can be ready for them soon enough. It seems you need to move them on fairly quickly.

My understanding is that the Peppermints will probably hunt and kill the nudis so I would need to get the three Peppermints out before I could add them. I think I would need to basically de-rock the tank to catch them at this point. That is certainly not out of the question and I will probably end up doing it sooner, rather than later. I have some translucent pink PETG that I bought for a non-reef product that I thought I would try to make little domes to put over the LPS corals when I feed them to keep the Peppermints at bay. Come to think of it maybe I could rig them s traps somehow to catch the little blighters. I'm sure my LFS would welcome them.

OP
OP
tbrown

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tim, that is a generous offer. It actually would be worth it except that I don't think I can be ready for them soon enough. It seems you need to move them on fairly quickly.

My understanding is that the Peppermints will probably hunt and kill the nudis so I would need to get the three Peppermints out before I could add them. I think I would need to basically de-rock the tank to catch them at this point. That is certainly not out of the question and I will probably end up doing it sooner, rather than later. I have some translucent pink PETG that I bought for a non-reef product that I thought I would try to make little domes to put over the LPS corals when I feed them to keep the Peppermints at bay. Come to think of it maybe I could rig them s traps somehow to catch the little blighters. I'm sure my LFS would welcome them.
I have enough Aiptasia in the tank I'm tearing down I could probably set up a small tank with rock and sand with plenty of Aiptasia to hold them for a while.

Let me know.

tharbin

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have enough Aiptasia in the tank I'm tearing down I could probably set up a small tank with rock and sand with plenty of Aiptasia to hold them for a while.

Let me know.
Will do. I just wound up some work that is going to free up some tank time, hopefully. I'll go on the hunt soon.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS IT POSSIBLE TO "MASTER" REEFING? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 11 6.3%
Back