16 Gallon Biocube reconversion back to salty goodness

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this little tank started off as my first foray into saltwater aquariums. I rapidly decided I wanted bigger tanks and went from an IM Nuvo 30l AIO then upgrade to IM SR60 AIO and then now my present reef is a 90 gallon AIO that started its life as a freshwater tank. The Cube is modded up with the rear chamber removed and cover replaced with Kraken Lid and had been used as a freshwater for about a year and a half. Current light will be NooPsyche K7 mini and either one or two Sicce wave pumps that push 270 gph. Keeping the Fluval hob filter for mechanical filtering. Nothing in it except water/sand/ some rocks so far. 3 were rock from the 90s rear chambers and 3 were dry rock I had on hand. Still mulling final? Scape. Might be a little while before I start adding inhabitants however as well

IMG_1673.jpeg IMG_1674.jpeg IMG_1777.jpeg

OP
OP
steveschuerger

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting! What are your plans for inhabitants, mix ?
Well I’ve got mostly lps and some sps in the 90 , so I might go softy and do zoas and shrooms or stay lps only . I’m still a bit up in the air. For non corals I’d love to have a possum wrasse , basslet and maybe a couple smaller gobies like neon or shark nose.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’ve got mostly lps and some sps in the 90 , so I might go softy and do zoas and shrooms or stay lps only . I’m still a bit up in the air. For non corals I’d love to have a possum wrasse , basslet and maybe a couple smaller gobies like neon or shark nose.
I look forward to seeing what you put together. What did you do with the discus you had in the 16 gallon?

OP
OP
steveschuerger

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look forward to seeing what you put together. What did you do with the discus you had in the 16 gallon?
He passed away after several months. I had a few people willing to take him but since I had never shipped live goods ….just stopped eating :confused-face:

IS YOUR REEF AUTOMATED? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes, my tank is almost fully automated.

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Yes, I have some automation in my tank.

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • Yes, but I have very little automation in my tank.

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • No, I have no automation in my tank.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back