20x10x24 20G TALL Tank lighting options

bangcamaro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I am looking for some recommendations on getting lighting for coral on a 20G TALL tank with dimensions of 20x10x24.
I am new to the hobby and am just starting out, dont wanna completely break the bank of a fancy light. Right now im considering stuff like the WALLS light from amazon 165w short, and the noopsyche light with mount.

I do not wanna go anything crzy just looking at softies to start in the tank with a fish or two.

would a NICREW 50w be enough to do the job for a tank like this?> Or do i need to just go with the stronger one?
Amazon product

Last edited:

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nicrew 50w should be plenty for a tank that size.

I would recommend a different tank if you can, if it is really only 10" front to back, it's going to be a pain to aquascape and maintain such a tight space, and the limited surface area will limit gas exchange. a 40 breeder would be a great option, and you can get them cheap on sale from big box stores like petco.

OP
OP
bangcamaro

bangcamaro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey thanks for the recommendations and advice. I decided to pull the trigger on a NICREW 100W just in case. Unforunately space is limited so im doing what I can with what I have so a new/different tank really isnt an option at this point. hopefully in the near future when I move in a year that'll change!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back