32 gal dream

kandichef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gal coralife biocube. This was a previously established tank that was gifted to me. We have a live rock cave, black sand, and lots of hopes and dreams.
Currently we have a pair of clowns (forgive me I have no idea what kind), a little yellow goby, and a chocolate chip starfish.
Got a few LPS corals and a beautiful nem snagged from the closing LFS.
Lots of plans to grown and expanded my tank from here.

IMG_9421.jpeg IMG_9420.jpeg IMG_9419.jpeg IMG_9427.jpeg image.jpg

Wild1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gal coralife biocube. This was a previously established tank that was gifted to me. We have a live rock cave, black sand, and lots of hopes and dreams.
Currently we have a pair of clowns (forgive me I have no idea what kind), a little yellow goby, and a chocolate chip starfish.

Bitis Botanical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biocubes are fun tanks, you can do a lot with them. Your anemone is a Long Tentacle (Macrodactylus doreensis) which generally prefer to be at the bottom of the tank with their foot partially buried in the rock and sand. It will probably move on its own but you may want to move it yourself so it's not crawling on your corals and stinging them.

Here are some pics of mine to show you how they prefer to be:

Screenshot_20240620_213753_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240620_184646_Gallery.jpg
20240614_195551.jpg
20240614_195421.jpg

OP
OP
kandichef

kandichef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biocubes are fun tanks, you can do a lot with them. Your anemone is a Long Tentacle (Macrodactylus doreensis) which generally prefer to be at the bottom of the tank with their foot partially buried in the rock and sand. It will probably move on its own but you may want to move it yourself so it's not crawling on your corals and stinging them.

Here are some pics of mine to show you how they prefer to be:

Screenshot_20240620_213753_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240620_184646_Gallery.jpg
20240614_195551.jpg
20240614_195421.jpg
Your tanks are beautiful!! Thank you for the advice! I was trying to identify it lastnight! Any suggestions on best placement down below?

Bitis Botanical

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tanks are beautiful!! Thank you for the advice! I was trying to identify it lastnight! Any suggestions on best placement down below?

I would try tucking it in where I circled, it has some good rock to grab and looks like a nice clear area for light. The coral I marked with an X may need to move as it could end up in range of the anemone's tentacles if the nem settle down there.

image (3).jpg

OP
OP
kandichef

kandichef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try tucking it in where I circled, it has some good rock to grab and looks like a nice clear area for light. The coral I marked with an X may need to move as it could end up in range of the anemone's tentacles if the nem settle down there.

image (3).jpg
I have to giggle a bit here. Looks like my nem agrees that is a great spot because when I came check on moving it, that’s exactly where it put it self!! The hammer you xd out is actually a bit away from it, I’ll keep an eye on it though. It did jump down right ontop of my poor little acan( I think that’s what it is) so I had to move it real quick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 26

NemLoverSA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great
Sleeping giant indeed. My BTA in my 32 chose its spot immediately and has not moved. It has really grown though, so I am limited in places to place corals safely. Looking to maybe move/rearrange some rock to make safe spots. Any ideas are welcome. I want to only add soft corals. I currently have a young pair of Ocellaris clowns, a Lawnmower blenny, two Banggai cardinalfish, and one Blue Sapphire Damselfish.

Attachments

• Nem_6-21-24.jpg
    Nem_6-21-24.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 10

gnarlydudecory

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Where was the store at if you don’t mind me asking. Always looking for good deals

OP
OP
kandichef

kandichef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where was the store at if you don’t mind me asking. Always looking for good deals
Tropical Fishbowl in Lafayette Louisiana. Saddly I do believe today was their last day open. Not sure if they were able to get rid of all of their displays, I saw a post with reduced pricing late this afternoon.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 7.5%
Back