OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only difference I've noticed thus far is the coralline algae growth has increased. Still early so time will tell.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend gave me a nice frag pack early February. We have shared corals over the years and he is always generous with the amount he shares with me. Shout out to Reefanatik!!!!
Nelson frags 2-2-24.jpg

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have changed the way I'm dosing kalk to the system. I have been looking at the "Chris Meckley" way of doing things for a while. I have always ran kalk on my tanks for the most part. Usually thru the ATO which I don't recommend due the possible failures that can occur.

I have had a kalk stirrer on this system in the early stages. I have since swapped it out for my old PM kalk reactor. I am having much better luck with my Ph now and dosing only at night.

Although I am having a cyano outbreak on my sand bed. I stopped vodka dosing until I'm able to get it under control.
Kalk reactor.jpg
PH 4-18-24.jpg

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a Linkia starfish to the mix. He's been doing good except tried to fight one of the vortechs and lost. He is now a three legged star.

Linkia.jpg

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traded out the Lifereef skimmer for my old SRO 6000 external model. Have owned this thing for years and works great. Need the space back that the lifereef took up behind the tank.
SRO6000.jpg

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Halides and reefbrites all on. Love the way the fish look under the halides. Still haven't built the cabinet yet so excuse the temporary wood in place to keep my kids from working in the sump and going blind from the lights.
5-29 pic2.jpg
5-29 pic1.jpg
5-29 pic3.jpg

Alexjones.aj99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like all your wave makers on the back wall? Does it work well? I am contemplating where I will be putting mine on my new 200 gallon and would like them on the back wall for asthetics but don’t know if the flow would be enough across the whole tank

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like all your wave makers on the back wall? Does it work well? I am contemplating where I will be putting mine on my new 200 gallon and would like them on the back wall for asthetics but don’t know if the flow would be enough across the whole tank
As of now they are working great. I really wanted to keep the viewing panels clean of pumps and it has been working great so far. I'm sure as things grow, I will have to edit it as it matures. Maybe switch to MP60's one day or Tunzes. Really like Tunzes and I could keep them high and point the pumps where I need.

My old 300 I had 2 MP60's on the sides and it really rocked that tank, but I hated the look of having those cannons on the viewing panels.

You should be fine with them on the back of the tank.

Another thing that helps me is the Tunze wave box. To my surprise it has my 450 gallon tanks water rocking back and forth.

Alexjones.aj99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of now they are working great. I really wanted to keep the viewing panels clean of pumps and it has been working great so far. I'm sure as things grow, I will have to edit it as it matures. Maybe switch to MP60's one day or Tunzes. Really like Tunzes and I could keep them high and point the pumps where I need.

My old 300 I had 2 MP60's on the sides and it really rocked that tank, but I hated the look of having those cannons on the viewing panels.

You should be fine with them on the back of the tank.

Another thing that helps me is the Tunze wave box. To my surprise it has my 450 gallon tanks water rocking back and forth.
Awesome I’m the same way, I don’t like the look of the viewing panels either. Was looking into the wave box as well but wasn’t sure if it was necessary since I will have 3 mp40s and a gyre in my 200. Do you think that would be enough or should I get the wave box as well. Have had nanos but this will be my first large tank

Northern Flicker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-14-24 Full tank shot "WINDEX". Hate that the halides turn off before I get home in the evenings. This is with the XHO's and orange filter cell phone pic.
2-14-24 FTS.jpg
I have the same problem!

This is a sick pic, though, even if I prefer whiter lighting. Very nice :)

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I’m the same way, I don’t like the look of the viewing panels either. Was looking into the wave box as well but wasn’t sure if it was necessary since I will have 3 mp40s and a gyre in my 200. Do you think that would be enough or should I get the wave box as well. Have had nanos but this will be my first large tank
What corals are you going to keep? With the pumps being adjustable you can start slow and bump them up as needed.

Think you'll be fine with what you have. Can always add more down the road if needed. Or move them around on the back glass to get the flow where its needed.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • My coral

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.7%
Back