4th clownfish batch

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's like the 4th batch they have laid (yes I've been counting). I always notice that in the past few batches the eggs weren't orange or dark red like most clownfish eggs are. The parents are getting the hang of spawning. I assume theyr'e viable since eyes and blood vessels form so why aren't they orange when they first lay? It's currently day 2 since they laid them on the 29th. I have no hopes for these guys honestly because I make far too many mistakes. For example the last batch I accidentally exposed them to air so they all died and the batch before that I forgot hermit crabs were still in the rocks so they ate ALL of the eggs. I seriously am unsure how to transport them without exposing them to the air, I'm thinking of putting them in a pot inside the tank and wait until they hatch before moving them to the rearing tank
What type of clowns do you have? I wouldn’t be concerned with the egg color as much as whether you see the eyes forming inside before hatching night. For foods, I’ve found success with the TDO foods (Reef Nutrition). Do you already have the post-hatch setup and foods ready to go? The first couple weeks after hatch are the most challenging to manage.

OP
OP
clownfishmama

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously? LOL, that’s the first time that I can recall hearing clownfish being finicky eaters. Mine would eat a cheeseburger if I dropped one in the tank.
Yeah.. I used to buy the mysis just for the other fish

OP
OP
clownfishmama

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of clowns do you have? I wouldn’t be concerned with the egg color as much as whether you see the eyes forming inside before hatching night. For foods, I’ve found success with the TDO foods (Reef Nutrition). Do you already have the post-hatch setup and foods ready to go? The first couple weeks after hatch are the most challenging to manage.
Ocellaris

OP
OP
clownfishmama

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but I can grab one

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No but I can grab one
Ok, I highly recommend thoroughly reading the previous posted link so you know what you’re signing up for LOL (especially the live rotifer cultures). It’s a difficult and time-consuming process but it’s totally awesome when you have success!

Here is another good resource

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back