75g AIO drop in back wall mount?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a universal kit like you make for the 40b, but I only see corner or peninsula options. Can you do one just like the corner mount that is closed in on both sides and can be mounted center(ish) of the back wall?

Like this, but for 75.

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact Tenecor. They should be able to add the other side to the insert for you I bet. I just did an AIO peninsula for a 75 from them. It comes flat, you have to silicone it together yourself.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact Tenecor. They should be able to add the other side to the insert for you I bet. I just did an AIO peninsula for a 75 from them. It comes flat, you have to silicone it together yourself.
Siliconing acrylic is a good way for a bad connection.

So they cut the panels to size on a cnc and ship them to you to assemble yourself?

At that point, why don't you just buy the acrylic and cut the pieces to size? AOI drop in kits are not complicated at all. The hardest part is assembly. If you have to do it yourself, might as well do it all imo.

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thought has crossed my mind. The only issue I could see was cutting the slots and having them come out straight and clean.

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Siliconing acrylic is a good way for a bad connection.

So they cut the panels to size on a cnc and ship them to you to assemble yourself?

At that point, why don't you just buy the acrylic and cut the pieces to size? AOI drop in kits are not complicated at all. The hardest part is assembly. If you have to do it yourself, might as well do it all imo.
It seems to be very sturdy and very stuck together. I pushed pretty hard once it was cured to test is in case I had to get my hands in the back with any pressure for pump maintenance and so on later. The hardest part is getting it in the tank without making a mess once assembled. Lots of painters tape used in case I bumped the glass. It’s a pretty close fit once assembled for the peninsula style. You have to put silicone on all the edges that touch the glass before you set it in. But since it has the plastic rim you have to drop it in at an angle to get it in. There’s no pressure really on it so no reason it shouldn’t hold. I have zero concerns with sturdiness. Siliconing the baffles only took less than 30 minutes, and I’m a perfectionist haha. I looked into buying the acrylic; measuring and cutting myself but for all the time involved and cost of the acrylic sheets it was more efficient for me to just buy the insert for $110. I did get the lids as well and I think the slots on top are too large for small jumpers. As a quick fix I put Saran Wrap over mine until I have time to do something else. I’ll probably use polycarbonate greenhouse panes and cut a new one this spring. I have fished my Yasha goby out of the return pump chamber 3 times now. On the advice on someone else I ordered plastic canvas craft mesh to cover the weirs so small fish can’t get back there; although I’m not so sure it didn’t jump the top. The last time I fished it out it just jumped back over into the tank. My blenny was back there the first night too but now that’s it’s found a space in the tank it’s been fine. Overall I like it but if you have the means to cut a custom one you could better design it to fit your needs.

Attachments

• CDFC1990-3190-4FDC-A57E-BAA7D1F2F193.jpeg
    CDFC1990-3190-4FDC-A57E-BAA7D1F2F193.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 96
  • B10C8F5C-A34D-45CC-8B06-44976EA42187.jpeg
    B10C8F5C-A34D-45CC-8B06-44976EA42187.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 97
  • DE82D19F-38D3-4124-83A2-55040A73C00A.jpeg
    DE82D19F-38D3-4124-83A2-55040A73C00A.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 96

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sincerely hope it works out. The glass to acrylic isn't what I'm talking about. It's the acrylic to acrylic, with silicone that will fail first. When you have the parts, weld on 4 is a much easier and much better option. Acrylic welding is super easy

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Mine should be here any day now. I decided to go with the left corner mount kit and designed an aquascape around it. I guessed at the dimensions, so Hopefully they're in the ballpark

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sincerely hope it works out. The glass to acrylic isn't what I'm talking about. It's the acrylic to acrylic, with silicone that will fail first. When you have the parts, weld on 4 is a much easier and much better option. Acrylic welding is super easy
That's a great idea. Might look into that

stephydawn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about that but was impatient and didn’t want to order it. I wanted to put it together as soon as I got it and I could get silicone at the hardware store. It’s only the two baffles and the filter ring that is acrylic to acrylic so if it does get some sore or leak it shouldn’t hurt anything anyway. It’s attached to the glass at the back, bottom and sides so with that I’m thinking it shouldn’t move anyway.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about that but was impatient and didn’t want to order it. I wanted to put it together as soon as I got it and I could get silicone at the hardware store. It’s only the two baffles and the filter ring that is acrylic to acrylic so if it does get some sore or leak it shouldn’t hurt anything anyway. It’s attached to the glass at the back, bottom and sides so with that I’m thinking it shouldn’t move anyway.
I'm not hating on your work. It looks great. Just passing on for a future run. I keep weld on 4 and 16 on hand. Anyone can watch a 10 minute YouTube tutorial, and chemically weld the acrylic.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 169 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back