A beautiful Acro with no name. Help out a brother?

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure hoping that someone has taken the time to name this striking acro. It has really taken off, encrusting on my rockscape in the past 2 months.
The very long list of colorful and interesting and entertaining names that have given our corals far more personality than they may deserve (or maybe not) have become an enjoyable part of the reefing experience.
I hope the request is not premature as it is sometimes easier to i.d. a grown out mature coral.
Thanks in advance if anyone can pull this one off.

IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5528.jpeg

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kinda looks like a walt disney something or other unless I'm mistaken, I am also a little color blind

1718999603616.png
I’d love to know that I was accidentally sold a $120 Walt Disney frag for what ever I paid for it. ($30 maybe?) But there are some similarities.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pearlberry is a solid guess. But I have 2 and the polyps are brown not green. But very similar. Thx.

It was actually a joke and not a serious reference. Thus the teasing part. There is a rather long thread here asking if this is the real Pearlberry or not and it always makes me chuckle.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure hoping that someone has taken the time to name this striking acro. It has really taken off, encrusting on my rockscape in the past 2 months.
The very long list of colorful and interesting and entertaining names that have given our corals far more personality than they may deserve (or maybe not) have become an enjoyable part of the reefing experience.
I hope the request is not premature as it is sometimes easier to i.d. a grown out mature coral.
Thanks in advance if anyone can pull this one off.

IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5528.jpeg
The retail name will often depend on who is selling it and what they think it looks like.

The good news is that it is growing nicely for you. Post more pictures in a month and let's see how the name suggestions change, or not! :cool:

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was actually a joke and not a serious reference. Thus the teasing part. There is a rather long thread here asking if this is the real Pearlberry or not and it always makes me chuckle.
Got it. Lol it’s all good.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 8.1%
Back