A lot has changed

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got back into the hobby about 6 months ago after many years without a tank. Back in the day you started a tank with a dead shrimp.... had old school power heads, and filters under crushed coral. Any additional filters and equipment we had were improvised fresh water set ups. Living on the gulf coast, we would get a brill net and catch our own live stock... they were hardy and thrived dispite our archaic knowledge.
Boy have things changed.
Ya got that right buddy. I'm only 12 years out and I'm still trying to figure things out again! Welcome to the Boards!

Reef Wizard

Octopus Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome_to_R2R.gif

anything prints

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got back into the hobby about 6 months ago after many years without a tank. Back in the day you started a tank with a dead shrimp.... had old school power heads, and filters under crushed coral. Any additional filters and equipment we had were improvised fresh water set ups. Living on the gulf coast, we would get a brill net and catch our own live stock... they were hardy and thrived dispite our archaic knowledge.
Boy have things changed.
WELCOME TO R2R

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome! 15 years removed. Some things have changed. Some have not. Torches werent a thing yet back then. Prices have gone way up (duh).

I did think that there would be way more companies using t5 hyrbids or making a model that incorporated t5 and LED into one fixture with the option to light as many bulbs as you choose. Surprised to not see that.

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 26 31.7%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back