Status
Not open for further replies.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see any that were you working in someone else's reef tank, then relating that to this volume of words you're putting in my posts. I'll go back to check again a few pages.

For example, I wanted to see you moving a few giant reefs, to be able to claim it's so easy that no preps are needed. did you post 1 of those or not any at all whatsoever?
If you believe that's what you are doing, then sorry, I can't help you.

CoastalTownLayabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we’ve verified that the science is not new. We’ve provided the fully cured, Tonga branch quality information from as far back as late 80’s.

I see these work threads as more of a drive through, fast food style offering that caters to new reefers who don’t have the time or inclination for proper meal prep. All the new terminology and slogans kind of reminds me of the classic Mc Dowells scene in Eddie Murphy’s Coming To America. “They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds.”

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think we’ve verified that the science is not new. We’ve provided the fully cured, Tonga branch quality information from as far back as late 80’s.

I see these work threads as more of a drive through, fast food style offering that caters to new reefers who don’t have the time or inclination for proper meal prep. All the new terminology and slogans kind of reminds me of the classic Mc Dowells scene in Eddie Murphy’s Coming To America. “They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds.”
You know - I agree with this. I would say that the most worrisome 'user' is a new reefer. If you look the dangers associated - - a new reefer would be the most likely to make a mistake.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These threads are me stating simple criteria for inclusion, working those, and dealing with thousands of words of side typing that aren't part of the criterion for being here.

The tank transfer thread exists so we can do actual tank transfer jobs and have the outcomes available for analysis by those who do strictly, strictly, after the fact evaluations. That and the tank owners were pretty darn happy too with the final outcome

The sand rinse thread isn't light or trivial, and if it was, there'd be two of them on the internet we could read about to see the actual jobs. But there's just one. Garf could change that, you know.

I bet there's ten or twenty articles available about moving tanks, what's missing is the actual moving tanks part. Of course the author has their tank as the sole example, and that's why the concept seems easy from the stands, way far away from the field of play.

That's why we won't be seeing anyone make a tank transfer thread 2.0
Coastal, you up for it? Would you feel ok moving several large reef tanks with your remote analysis as the sole prep?

Let's get some new action threads from the critics? :)

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These threads are me stating simple criteria for inclusion, working those, and dealing with thousands of words of side typing that aren't part of the criterion for being here.
The only criteria for being here is someone who wants to comment on the thread. I've asked this question many times - I'm curious - if the point of the site is to manage it the way you would seem to like to manage it.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just aren't going to stop filling up our pages with type it seems. latching onto someone else's thread(s) to get post work is very lampreylike
The absolute irony in what you just said may be wholly lost on you, but I assume numerous people just fell out of their chairs.

I can't speak for anybody else here, Brandon. But I assume that like me, most are not here for "post work", post count, recognition or self promotion, but rather an enjoyment of a hobby and an enjoyment of helping other people in the hobby.

Your position is that opinions based on experience without hands on "work" should not be trusted. That begs the question Brandon, what hands on experience do you actually have setting up, running and maintaining healthy reef aquaria larger than nanos? Links to threads with your opinion don’t count.

Last edited:

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sand rinse thread isn't light or trivial, and if it was, there'd be two of them on the internet we could read about to see the actual jobs. But there's just one. Garf could change that, you know.
I think one is more than enough thankyou very much, lol

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's safe to say every critique possible on the matter has been leveled and responded to here, nothing new can be added in the remarks section

All negation written here by hangers on, those who refuse to use the ignore button, are logged and available for readers.

So, with all that in place, how about radio silence and just let me log more simple skip cycle jobs so we can stop arguing? The pros with the answers here can't be impressed, so stay out then

Plenty of new reefers didn't know about skip cycles, they're never angry with my work, and that's how I would like the thread to proceed, back to calm

I haven't brought arguments to any of you guys threads

Give mine some peace now, you've made the ultimate final point for sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All future kick ups from me will be nothing new, just a continuation of jobs to fill out the thread with the criteria we want to bundle up. Pretty simple.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All future kick ups from me will be nothing new, just a continuation of jobs to fill out the thread with the criteria we want to bundle up. Pretty simple.
Haven't you proved your point? Thats what I'm curious about. what is exactly the point for this skip cycle thing?

CoastalTownLayabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet there's ten or twenty articles available about moving tanks, what's missing is the actual moving tanks part. Of course the author has their tank as the sole example, and that's why the concept seems easy from the stands, way far away from the field of play.

That's why we won't be seeing anyone make a tank transfer thread 2.0
Coastal, you up for it? Would you feel ok moving several large reef tanks with your remote analysis as the sole prep?

Let's get some new action threads from the critics? :)

The drive through, fast food analogy was simply a lighthearted way of contextualising what you are offering in these work threads. If you took it as derogatory, I can’t really help that. I think it sums up the choices available to anyone considering any intervention to their system I.e research, plan and act or take the real time drive through route. I’m completely neutral on those choices when it comes to somebody else. My contribution here has been solely focussed on tackling revanchist narratives and illuminating the legacy and hard work of the giants in this hobby. Feel free to peek over their shoulders but please acknowledge it.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, well said man. Gotcha

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what hands on experience do you actually have setting up, running and maintaining healthy reef aquaria larger than nanos?
To this question I will ad - have you ever have had fish in your saltwater aquariums?

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lasse,

Remember how in 2021 you reported me for being too persistent in your nitrite thread

And they separated us like kids on a school ground

Since then you have never seen me in your threads

But this year, you came back to a lot of mine

Why didn’t you appeal your original report, and see if I wanted you in my threads

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MnFish1

I’ve asked you not to post here if you aren’t posting links of pertinent jobs but you still do.

Your last post is not on topic, the topic is simply links of skip cycle jobs we’ve worked. You asked why I’m updating, it’s because I want to, it’s not for you. When I get fifty pages of skip cycle jobs it’s my effort for patterning one type of cycle among the four types of reef cycles. I wasn’t looking to factor how many maximum pages of the jobs you wanted

For the four people who will not stop wrecking my threads with off topic arguments, who never ever meet the criteria I’ve asked for when posting here = a skip cycle success or failure link you’ve personally worked inside a reef tank, I say good morning :) I wonder what kind of misdirection for my thread you’ll bring today. How we use post freedom on a free site really reflects the type of person we are I can see.

You won’t seem me in your threads wrecking them though, when I disagree with someone’s science or ability to run outbound jobs and reflect on those, I just block em.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, exhaustingly, the criteria for posting here:

Someone has a thread they are currently working that involves as aspect of skip cycling, they post the link, we review the outcomes of that link related to the patterns on file. How hard is that?

The theme of this thread at the start is positivity not negativity.

If someone who doesn’t have a recent direct example thread handy wants to post an analysis I’m thankful for that.

Let’s get back to the topics at hand today, and even better, someone can start their own thread if a big side venture is needed. I don’t have any skip cycles building up in messages but when one comes I’ll update. It will be to build my patterns up, it won’t be a call to fight more about off topic details.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its easy - answer the questions from me and @BeanAnimal I´m sure that´s a lot of people would love to know your own experience - the job you have done by yourself in order to get your knowledge you want others to relay on.

By the way - as I remember - this is the only thread own by you that I have written in lately - maybe some more but it true that I have written in other threads that you have tried to make your own.

Good that you mentioned the nitrite thread - you can find it here - its mainly from 2020 to 2022. - not from 2019 that was falsely claimed in another post.

I recommend every one that is interested of following Brandons thoughts to read through that thread

Post 141 in that thread is one of the more humoristic posts in R2R´s history. He try to educate one of the best reefers in Sweden how to manage his aquarium. What Brandon probably does stil not know is that this guy he want to help understand the chemistry by analysing pictures of his reef also is the main constructer behind Alkatronic, Mastertronic and Dosertronic. Rather well educated in reef chemistry with other words.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, that must be the 27th time you posted here not meeting the criteria from post #536, surely you’re good now? Point made, twenty times over, acknowledged, can your next post be on topic or not yet? If you have twenty paragraphs of retort ready, be sure and mix in at least one link where you were part of a skip cycle, like this one here

Not only was that our first on-topic example post from page one, it takes quite a bit of control to stock a reef with top shelf sps like that on day one, then we track out the whole build arc. That’s what we want to see here, real world examples only

Not charts

That’s what being on topic looks like.

When Coastal posted the reference to Julian Sprung/1989 that was great and on topic, and it was positive energy for our thread.

The reason I want 50-100 pages of these repeating example is to show that we can attain perfect testless results. That’s a harmless goal of mine, let me attain it in peace.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Readers

go see post #335

I had to go back several pages to find his updates among these last ten pages of redirection and off topic arguments.

That’s a wonderful example of someone being here on topic, doing well with their skip cycle, being a sincere person willing to test our method, and helping our thread stay positive and on topic. @Macbalacano hey can you give us a pic update for May? Our thread needs help getting back on track of simple example links showing the work we do.

266335F2-C403-4C08-9B49-F5F460DFBF2F.png

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it takes quite a bit of control to stock a reef with top shelf sps like that on day one, then we track out the whole build arc. That’s what we want to see here, real world examples only
His first batch of SPS died. He also used ammonia to confirm the cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back