AIK test problem with NYOS

Greyzone81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I curRently need some advice ! I have moved from Louisiana to United Kingdom and once again started up a small 55 gall reef! So I ordered a nyos kit for alk and cal already had mag abd my test result was 27 drops for alk and for cal a full syringe ! Now I don’t know about you I don’t think they can both be that high that defies nature lol ! Now my nitrates are 3 which I’m happy with! Can one of you wise gent lemen enlighten me to might cause this or do I need to go back to salifert

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. Welcome to the UK first of all. I’ll be returning home soon enough. And I’m so jealous that you have a nice 55g reef .

Right well this isn’t going to help you much im afraid as I’ve not used nyos kits before. But if it isn’t broken don’t fix it is my theory. So maybe the salifert are the way to go.

I didn’t want you thinking the HK reefing community is non existent more to the point so I thought I’d reply lol. Hopefully by now you’ve figured it all out and everything is happpy.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back