Air Conditioner Condensate Recapture

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy,

My new AC sits almost directly above the location for my upcoming build. Couldn't I recapture the condensate by running it through RODI? Trying to be creative in my limited space to provide easy access to clean top off. System is new and don't expect leakage of fluids but expect perhaps some from metal although these days these units are built of aluminum and no copper plumbing. Waste water can be fed back to the condensate pump and pushed out doors.
Can run a separate pump with adequate pressure for the separate RODI, if needed.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
That condensate is clean water but the area it comes from is never cleaned or sterile. Bacteria and mold might be an issue.

OP
OP
GARRIGA

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That condensate is clean water but the area it comes from is never cleaned or sterile. Bacteria and mold might be an issue.
I can solve that with UV AOP or perhaps ultrafiltration. Latter easier to implement if I forego the membrane as Randy suggested.

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you all still use leaded solder and such? Other heavy metals that could be present through corrosion?

probably too many variables to know what’s possible , could do a test on it to check for metals etc. wouldn’t be sure about the mold/bacteria side either. Most water will have chlorine in it for that reason

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back