Algae What Type/advice to control

Demoic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to combat some of this algae growth and I was hoping someone could identify it and give me some advice on how to control it best.

PXL_20240621_195022781.MP.jpg

OP
OP
Demoic

Demoic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a Little over a year, i've been struggling with it getting better and worse for at least the past 5 or 6 months though with no real gain one way or another.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to combat some of this algae growth and I was hoping someone could identify it and give me some advice on how to control it best.

PXL_20240621_195022781.MP.jpg
This has me second guessing my “oh my algae isn’t that bad” opinion of my tank. Lol

OP
OP
Demoic

Demoic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
phosphate I don't have a test for thinking I need to pick one up though, nitrates have been sitting at 10 for months.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For stuff like that, ceriths, dwarf ceriths and money cowries. Some turbos would work well.
You saying mine is bad or yours is worse!? lol
oh, mine looks like grass in some spots. lol. Not MANY spots but I need food for my lettuce nudibranch so I won’t pull it out. Lol. My court jesters nibble on it as well.

If you ever have a really serious outbreak of tall stuff, lettuce nudi is worth its weight in platinum though. It needs a constant supply of the stuff so I don’t mind a tuft here or there I’m afraid it won’t survive if my algae problem goes away. I’ve hear mixed reviews on whether they will eat macro algae so I have a couple spots I don’t scrub. They eat bubble algae too or mine did anyway.

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You saying mine is bad or yours is worse!? lol
Everyone is saying that your “algae problem” is basically nothing, and really they are right. I understand some people strive for perfection and have extremely clean rock, but most of us have a baseline level of algae in our tanks or at least have small outbreaks from time to time. Its really personal preference how much you want to tolerate.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 23 57.5%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 7.5%
Back