Am I still in the ugly phase?

friendlyfisherman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my tank for 5 months now. I went through the Dino algae phase and got that under control about a month ago… all of my readings are within the appropriate ranges… what am I doing wrong/ is this normal? I dose it with fusion one and fusion two 3 times a week and I have been weekly 25% water changes. Stability is added in every water change as well. It’s a 13 1/2 gallon tank. One emerald, one Halloween, one nasaruiss, one fire shrimp, and a clown.

IMG_0539.jpeg IMG_0538.jpeg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bubbles on the rocks make me suspect dinos are still present. 5 months in, can certainly still be ugly phase. How did you cycle? Do you have any "real ocean" live rock?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ugly phase didn't wrap up until around month 10 or so. At 5, it was barely started.

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
10 months in and I still got uglies. Good to stay on top of your water quality! Keep it up and im sure you’ll experience less nuisance algae over time. What are your nitrates and phosphates like?

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had my tank for 5 months now. I went through the Dino algae phase and got that under control about a month ago… all of my readings are within the appropriate ranges… what am I doing wrong/ is this normal? I dose it with fusion one and fusion two 3 times a week and I have been weekly 25% water changes. Stability is added in every water change as well. It’s a 13 1/2 gallon tank. One emerald, one Halloween, one nasaruiss, one fire shrimp, and a clown.

IMG_0539.jpeg IMG_0538.jpeg
Can you post parameters and white light photos. Hard to identify one blue object from another.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back