anybody has experience with Key Aquarium LED Lighting?

smilodon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good, using Cree XE, made in shanghai china.
I'm interesting in K5524-ultra, specially designed to focus light, and the nano-reflective bars, fixed on both sides, are to make sure that the light can focus on the aquarium to the maximum extent. Nomal lighting fixture is only using 80% of totally emitting lights, and key lightiing fixture can reach to 95%..

K5524-ultra only has 81W(3W x 9 leds x 3 rows), is it good enough for cadlight 55gallon cube(24 x 24 x 20)?

pictures
LEDË®×åµÆ¾ßר¼Ò¡ª¡ªÉú£¿ÂÒëʵҵÓÃÃÞ¹«Ë¾

compare with Maxspect led lighting.
Key Aquarium LED VS Maxspect LED

product is on the fish-street.com, and you can choose Cree or BrightLux,
and Cree will cost more.
http://www.fish-street.com/key_aquarium_le...category_id=118

reefer54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have model 5518 with cree chipsets which i purchased from aqua-shop online about 2 months ago. here are my thoughts on them:
1. workmanship is good, no sharp edges, waterproof, and no defects found upon delievery.
2. It has no built in timers, so if you want a cusomized light schedule, forget it. you cannot set different banks of leds to come on/off .
3. tempenture of the working unit is warm, not hot to the touch. the built in fans do a good job.
4. the directions on how to hang the unit either on your tank or above it are not good. if you are handy at figuring these things out, you'll be ok.. they do supply the parts needed to hang the lights either way.

Overall, it is a good light, the shimmer affect is good, light coverage is excellant, no shadows. I have mine over a 24 x 12 x 20 (28 gallon ) . coral wise, i have lps and zoos in my tank and both are thriving.

OP
OP
smilodon

smilodon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you very much. I am planning to get the RKE or apex aquacontroller,
so I don't neet timers. But I do care whether this light comes with three power lines
or four powerlines or just come with one power lines.

That would be perfect if this light comes with 4 power lines so I can control cool whites
LEDs, rotay blues leds, moonlighs and fans seperately.

I have model 5518 with cree chipsets which i purchased from aqua-shop online about 2 months ago. here are my thoughts on them:
1. workmanship is good, no sharp edges, waterproof, and no defects found upon delievery.
2. It has no built in timers, so if you want a cusomized light schedule, forget it. you cannot set different banks of leds to come on/off .
3. tempenture of the working unit is warm, not hot to the touch. the built in fans do a good job.
4. the directions on how to hang the unit either on your tank or above it are not good. if you are handy at figuring these things out, you'll be ok.. they do supply the parts needed to hang the lights either way.

Overall, it is a good light, the shimmer affect is good, light coverage is excellant, no shadows. I have mine over a 24 x 12 x 20 (28 gallon ) . coral wise, i have lps and zoos in my tank and both are thriving.

marlonf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This light only comes with one powerline. I'm planing on adding a second powerline. The plan is to control the 3 led banks and fans with one power line and the moon lights with the second powerline.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you might not be able to depending on how they wired it and how many drivers they have.
This light only comes with one powerline. I'm planing on adding a second powerline. The plan is to control the 3 led banks and fans with one power line and the moon lights with the second powerline.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at a 7236 Ultra model and it appeared to have some type of timer/ controller that came with it.
@reefer54 how long did it take for it to get to you . If you have a chance plse post some pic's of it . I'd love to see how it looks. Did you get the bridgelux or cree ? What would you say the color is kelvin wise with all leds on .

reefer54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the cree chips, figuring they would last longer, kelvin wise, i would say its between 12,000- 14,000. having the unit for six months now, i would purchase it again. i got one of the first units they produced, so it took about three weeks from purchase to delievery.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 45 39.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 59 51.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back