Apex wav stall error

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an apex wav pump that has a stall error. New to the wav's so what does this error means and how can I fix it haha

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WAV detects something blocking the propeller from moving. Turn it off, take the cover off, and inspect it.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy fix…snail or something the propeller
Not so easy to deal with fix…pump is probably just over two years old and is now a paperweight.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No solution? I have 2 doing the same.
Clean the impeller and try again. If still fails contact support. If it's within the warranty period, they will send you a new one. If it's out of warranty, they will sell you a replacement pump for like $100 (no magnet) and then you can swap the impeller and see if that alone fixes it. If swapping the impeller fixed it, you could send the pump body back and just pay for an impeller. If the impeller doesn't fix it, keep the impeller from the broken one as a spare and use the replacement body and impeller.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update third WAV has stalled. Can anyone recommend another powerhead to replace these?
I was on the same boat as I have six. Nothing is close to as cheap as the wav if you can get replacements out of warranty at half off. You might get lucky if you just submit a ticket. I can buy replacements at half off for many years before it adds up to the cost of six mp60s! You just get a bare pump without magnets but even a Jebao will cost about the same

edit. Now that ecotech and Neptune are under the same umbrella I’m hoping they make a Neptune branded mp60 with the 24v connector as a direct replacement for the wav

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update third WAV has stalled. Can anyone recommend another powerhead to replace these?
Just out of curiosity are all three plugged into a 1 link? I had a power brick that went bad years ago. Any combination of two wavs would work fine, as soon as the third was connected the power brick would freak out and all three wavs would be dead. Replaced the power brick and all was good…. For a little while

headdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All plugged directly into Apex via 1 link.
I did notice that one stalled so I pulled it. Then the others came back for a couple months. Was limping along with 1 until it stalled yesterday.

These actually are the replacement units. The first three all quit working before or right at a year. Don't want to throw good money after bad again and buy more of these. As I remember it was quite a lot of effort to get them replaced even when they were in warranty.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back