Apologizes in advanced

Yesevil123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Last post for the day. I apologize for my request postings. I'm still new to the whole thread thing.

Why is my skimmer not producing bubbles? It's the coralife filter with the built in skimmer for it think it was either 20 or 30 gallons. It only ever produces just water. I can't seem to get it to the right spot. I have no idea how to like use the value per say. Right now it's like big bubbles popping and not to the top, maybe 1/4 of the way down the skimmer. I did just did like a 4 gallon water change (20 gallon tank)

Side note, I've never been able to get my skimmer to just produce bubbles.

Can't provide a photo atm

trainbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have more responses to your post if you put your question about your skimmer in the title so that people know what you’re asking. Plus there is a thread about skimmers in the general equipment forum. You may get better advice from that forum

OP
OP
Yesevil123

Yesevil123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have more responses to your post if you put your question about your skimmer in the title so that people know what you’re asking. Plus there is a thread about skimmers in the general equipment forum. You may get better advice from that forum
Thank you!! I was trying to find something like that but I didn't. That's why I just posted it here, but I'll look again!! Thank you!!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry, I know nothing about this skimmer. A picture would be helpful.

TangerineSpeedo

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be disheartened, those type skimmers are pretty much useless. There is just not enough control. Ideally you would want to get the water level just below the collection cup. But that may be difficult to keep consistent. If your tank is new, you may not have enough organics for your skimmer to work also. On a tank as small as yours, water changes will be more effective than skimming. But do not count out the gas exchange benefits that a skimmer can give you. Unfortunately as I mentioned before keeping this style of skimmer consistent is next to impossible. There are some great nano skimmers out there if you feel you will eventuality need one, but you will probably upgrade before then. 10% water change a week will be proper in the meantime.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

SPS SHOWDOWN! ACROPORA OR MONTIPORA? SHOW OFF YOUR SPS IN THE THREAD!

• Acros!

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Montis!

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I'm too torn!

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back