• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Aqua SD the good the bad and the ugly

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

felda001

Getting old sucks. Beats the alternative though
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like many others ordered from aquasd for the memorial sale. I was very pleased with the selection and pricing. Customer service going into shipping was great and very responsive. My order shipped and arrived on time. I had been a little nervous given the shipping issues that I had been hearing about so that was a big plus.
When the box arrived it had obvious water leakage but no signs of crushing. Every bag inside had leaked and a few corals had some obvious rtn and one had fallen off the plug. Not great but it looked like everything had survived the trip despite the packaging. Took pictures and dipped and scrubbed everything before I started placing things in the tank.
I emailed aquasd with pictures and mentioned the damaged corals. I was told I would hear from them soon. Over the next two days I lost the two acros that had been damaged in shipping. Emailed aquasd since I hadn't heard from them and got a we're sorry but we'll be happy to put replacements in your next order. All the nonacros were doing great I even saw new polyps on the two encrusting montipora I had ordered.
Day 5 comes around and I notice that a couple of montipora one I had had before this and one from the shipment were showing signs of distress (a couple of spots looking like they were bleaching out and polyps retracted). Very odd as they had been extremely happy great polyp extension and growth the day before. Tested all my parameters and everything was within my norms:
Nitrate 6.2
Calcium 469
Dkh 9
Phosphate .3 ppm
PH 8.2
SG 1.025

Day 6 the spots grew to most of the corals and I pulled them for a dip and inspection. Monti eating nudibranches. I sent aquasd a heads up and they responded quickly that they will have the husbandry team go through everything.

Overall not a great experience but aquasd did what they said they would do. I'm in for a long battle in the hopes of saving some of my montis but obviously missed an egg sack during my dip and scrub. Hopefully these ones don't also eat chalice corals

20240625_100042.jpg 20240625_100345.jpg 20240625_100510.jpg 20240625_103046.jpg 20240625_115805.jpg

OP
OP
felda001

felda001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank @AquaSD for reaching out and having a good discussion with me about how they could make the experience better.
They went through the tanks looking for potential parasite issues and made sure to listen to my feedback. It's not often I see a company that responds to feedback so quickly and is willing to help when something unexpected happens.

OP
OP
felda001

felda001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had decided to move past this experience and just not purchase from aquasd. Then they messaged me asking me to say that everything had been resolved. Everything wasn't resolved the issue had just gone beyond what their guarantee covered. The message claimed that poor feedback has stacked up because of a specific representative and they had been let go. Not any concern about whether I had managed to stop the pests or saved my livestock. I haven't received any response to my DM back after a week.

I'll never order from aquasd again and wish I never had in the first place

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IS IT POSSIBLE TO "MASTER" REEFING? WHY OR WHY NOT?

• Yes.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • No.

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 11 6.3%
Back