Asked 100 times, more I read the more confused.

Its only Money

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is almost two years old. I might add this was before a move out of state when I had high nitrate & phosphate. After adding reef mat 500 8 months ago I have just now seen .03 nitrate and 0 phosphate (Hanna & safe alert) I took my skimmer off line 4 months ago and slowed my reef mat advance to 1.5-2.0 inch a day. Feed very heavy mostly pellets and frozen twice a day. Looking for advise to raise N & P. Looked at food grade potassium phosphate and sodium nitrate Amazon is this ok to use. I will consult online calculator when mixing/dosing.

Signed confused….

IMG_3562.png IMG_3563.png

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the same thing but after some discussion with Randy I went with Baker' Ammonia. See the attached post from Randy in my thread here:

BigMonkeyBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
potassium phosphate and sodium nitrate Amazon is this ok to use. I will consult online calculator when mixing/dosing.

Signed confused….
potassium phosphate - if you need potassium ? I have heard 600-potassium is better ? I would test for potassium.

Bravo, you made the Zero nutrient club :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I always second guess myself !

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two products pictured are fine. Use the James Planted tank calculator for an initial dose, and the entry for nitrate from potassium nitrate (it is close enough).

Back