At a loss at this point.

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 gallon frag tank that’s kicking my butt. For some reason or another my pO4 in this tank stays constant between .05 and .1 but my nitrates can go from 30 to 60 in one day without me feeding. I can’t carbon dose enough or my PO4 will be at zero (which it is right now). I’m thinking about getting a sulfur reactor at this point because I don’t know what else to do. I’m doing a daily 2 gallon water change too. Still does nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I’m testing daily and the only way I can get it to get down to say 30 is with nopox. The issue is I bottom out my PO4 like stated above.

Attachments

• IMG_6437.jpeg
    IMG_6437.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t all carbons essentially do the same thing? Wouldn’t they all bottom my PO4 out? I’m not trying to be a dick. I truly don’t know. Just got into carbons after watching videos from Lou from tropic Marine on BRS channel. I know sulfur reactors only do Nitrates so that was why I was leaning in that direction.

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 gallon frag tank that’s kicking my butt. For some reason or another my pO4 in this tank stays constant between .05 and .1 but my nitrates can go from 30 to 60 in one day without me feeding. I can’t carbon dose enough or my PO4 will be at zero (which it is right now). I’m thinking about getting a sulfur reactor at this point because I don’t know what else to do. I’m doing a daily 2 gallon water change too. Still does nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
I got the complete opposite problem p04 is about 0.5 to 0.3 nitrates 5 or less should carbon dose i use mix of vodka and vinegar carbon dosing is better at taking out nitrates p04 usually stays atleast from my experience doing it

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the complete opposite problem p04 is about 0.5 to 0.3 nitrates 5 or less should carbon dose i use mix of vodka and vinegar carbon dosing is better at taking out nitrates p04 usually stays atleast from my experience doing it from what I read it eats both but mines so high I’m having to dose 20 ml a day to remove the nitrates and it’s taking all the PO4 with it and nopox doesn’t work without PO4.
I’m dosing 20 ML a day to get it to drop. When I started with 9 it was still going up.

bubbgee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Nyos Zeo in a filter cup in the sump and this seems to keep my Nitrates under control. It doesn't require a reactor like other zeovit rocks do and only brings down Nitrates to detectable level. For Phospate control, I have a GFO reactor that I can turn on as needed.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Nyos Zeo in a filter cup in the sump and this seems to keep my Nitrates under control. It doesn't require a reactor like other zeovit rocks do and only brings down Nitrates to detectable level. For Phospate control, I have a GFO reactor that I can turn on as needed.
This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks.

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! These two helped me control my nutrients. I added a refugium in the tank to keep things stable for long term as well. I would only use nopox when i overfeed with Reef Roids and my phosphates hit .10 and above.
I have a refugium but it’s not doing much.

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Water changes?

Me personally try to do as much as possible not to add chemicals to the tank, other then the Calcium, Alkalinity, and magnesium. I know this probably isnt the answer but at least it will get you a free bump!

-Juice

OP
OP
Wolters_88

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have in it? I use red macro algae instead of chaeto.
Chaeto and some other stuff the guy gave me for free. No clue what it is. It’s got little balls on it.
Water changes?

Me personally try to do as much as possible not to add chemicals to the tank, other then the Calcium, Alkalinity, and magnesium. I know this probably isnt the answer but at least it will get you a free bump!

-Juice
I have a QD system doing two gallons a day.

Attachments

• IMG_6438.jpeg
    IMG_6438.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back