ATI Straton Pro Configuration Question.

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I recently setup an ATI Straton Pro 105 on a small frag system I have. I'm coming from the world of Aqua Illumination Lights so I'm noticing some differences in the configuration that I wanted to get some clarification from other owners experience. I noticed that the configuration for intensity within the first 0% to 5% are able to be configured in 1% increments, but anything beyond 5% can only be configured in increments of 5%. Also I can only select configuration points every 30 minutes. Which leads to less overall configuration possibilities. Is this normal or do I not know how to configure this thing properly?

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently setup an ATI Straton Pro 105 on a small frag system I have. I'm coming from the world of Aqua Illumination Lights so I'm noticing some differences in the configuration that I wanted to get some clarification from other owners experience. I noticed that the configuration for intensity within the first 0% to 5% are able to be configured in 1% increments, but anything beyond 5% can only be configured in increments of 5%. Also I can only select configuration points every 30 minutes. Which leads to less overall configuration possibilities. Is this normal or do I not know how to configure this thing properly?
I've given up trying to figure out why coders code the way they do...
Most of the time is makes little sense but sometimes boils down to memory space.

Your Straton's behavior would seem logical if one considered that setting moonlight falls in the 0-5% in 1% increments area. Actually 1% is probably insufficient . Should be like 1/10%..ect.
After that the 5% increments kick in. And limiting time point s limits memory usage.

That is my guess..And from my perspective AI is one of the few lights with programs that make "sense".
Now this is from a causal observation of them NOT hands on with every bit of light software...

I had some controller/driver boards custom built for me and the software had a simple 15 min ramp time. Not ramp fully between 2 time points..
I learned to live with it.

OP
OP
JaysLittleOcean

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've given up trying to figure out why coders code the way they do...
Most of the time is makes little sense but sometimes boils down to memory space.

Your Straton's behavior would seem logical if one considered that setting moonlight falls in the 0-5% in 1% increments area. Actually 1% is probably insufficient . Should be like 1/10%..ect.
After that the 5% increments kick in. And limiting time point s limits memory usage.

That is my guess..And from my perspective AI is one of the few lights with programs that make "sense".
Now this is from a causal observation of them NOT hands on with every bit of light software...

I had some controller/driver boards custom built for me and the software had a simple 15 min ramp time. Not ramp fully between 2 time points..
I learned to live with it.
Thanks for chiming in. I have to check again regarding the moonlight, but I did attempt to create some moonlight, unfortunately I didn't see a single LED came on under the 5% mark. It's could be the programmer spectrum points, but I will need to go back and check now.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back