Auctions Ending Every Saturday Night 6pm MST - ALL WYSIWYG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 1, Guests: 2)

bradreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240808_190649_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240808_190703_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
sunnysidecorals

sunnysidecorals

Sunnyside Corals
View Badges
Reaction score

I added 15 corals I am interested in bidding on to a Wishlist

Log on, and can't find this Wishlist

Where did they go?
Would you mind sending us a DM with your User name and we can look into it.

Like @bradreef mentioned please check that you are logged in when checking if you have not already.

Solo McReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Would you mind sending us a DM with your User name and we can look into it.

Like @bradreef mentioned please check that you are logged in when checking if you have not already.
I found the link to the Wishlist

It looks like this icon. It is under each coral. I would put it under the user's account. And under their cart.

With the text "Your Wishlist", not as an nontext icon
1000003608.jpg

Additional feedback:

Maybe an accurate listing of the realtime bids in that list. Many corals show $10 in my listing, but when I click on it, it's actually at $19(or whatever)

It makes bidding on several corals simultaneously problematic

I would constantly have to click on each of the corals to figure out what I am willing to bid on corals, in order to try to keep the total budget in my mind. I can't memorize 20 odd different coral changing prices in my mind. I can't plan for which corals I can let go of, and which ones to stick to

I have no interest in bidding only to win a single $15 coral with a shipping cost of $50. The chance of that happening is just too high for me to take that chance, the way the auction is running

My auction buying psychology is such, that I need to win $200 to $300 worth of corals for the $50 shipping cost to make sense to me. I just don't see that happening, even with anti-sniping routines

More feedback:
Current bid is $13 for a coral. But to beat that, I have to bid $16? That's insane, I'm sure this is some algorithm based on the current bid, but I don't know what the algorithm is. When the bid is 23, what's the next bid increment? It could be $26 or 32, I dont know
(In a nutshell, I don't want to bid 16, I want to bid 14)

1000003610.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunnysidecorals

sunnysidecorals

Sunnyside Corals
View Badges
Reaction score
I found the link to the Wishlist

It looks like this icon. It is under each coral. I would put it under the user's account. And under their cart.

With the text "Your Wishlist", not as an nontext icon
1000003608.jpg

Additional feedback:

Maybe an accurate listing of the realtime bids in that list. Many corals show $10 in my listing, but when I click on it, it's actually at $19(or whatever)

It makes bidding on several corals simultaneously problematic

I would constantly have to click on each of the corals to figure out what I am willing to bid on corals, in order to try to keep the total budget in my mind. I can't memorize 20 odd different coral changing prices in my mind. I can't plan for which corals I can let go of, and which ones to stick to

I have no interest in bidding only to win a single $15 coral with a shipping cost of $50. The chance of that happening is just too high for me to take that chance, the way the auction is running

My auction buying psychology is such, that I need to win $200 to $300 worth of corals for the $50 shipping cost to make sense to me. I just don't see that happening, even with anti-sniping routines

More feedback:
Current bid is $13 for a coral. But to beat that, I have to bid $16? That's insane, I'm sure this is some algorithm based on the current bid, but I don't know what the algorithm is. When the bid is 23, what's the next bid increment? It could be $26 or 32, I dont know
(In a nutshell, I don't want to bid 16, I want to bid 14)

- Yes you are correct. The bidding increment goes up to $3 on higher priced corals. You can always increase more than $3. (say $5) Just as long as you're more than the minimum bid increment. $16 would have been a crazy good deal!! :) - I believe it's already past that.

1000003610.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

"Maybe an accurate listing of the realtime bids in that list. Many corals show $10 in my listing, but when I click on it, it's actually at $19(or whatever)"
- We have not had other people experience this. You might just need to refresh your browser window. But it's something we can look into more.

"My auction buying psychology is such, that I need to win $200 to $300 worth of corals for the $50 shipping cost to make sense to me. I just don't see that happening, even with anti-sniping routines"
- Couple options here. We will hold corals for one week when someone requests. So you can combine two auctions. Also, you can always add additional corals, inverts, or pods from the site. A lot of people do this for the same reasons you stated above. AND we do offer free shipping over $300 - even if the order includes auction winnings!

"Current bid is $13 for a coral. But to beat that, I have to bid $16? That's insane, I'm sure this is some algorithm based on the current bid, but I don't know what the algorithm is. When the bid is 23, what's the next bid increment? It could be $26 or 32, I dont know
(In a nutshell, I don't want to bid 16, I want to bid 14)"
- Yes, the bidding increment goes up to $3 on higher priced corals. You can always increase more than $3. (say $5) Just as long as you bid at least the minimum bid increment. $16 would have been a crazy good deal!! :) - I believe it's already past that.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 7.9%
Back