Badges, Badges, and More Badges! Which Ones Do You Want To Get?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I used to interpret the "excellence" badge as a indicator of superior knowledge and depth of understanding of varying subjects, more so than just a willingness to share whatever a person thinks they know.. I have already been proven to be wrong on this several times. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

That would be the"expert" badge. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@OrchidMiss The reef Mermaid should have her badge too @revhtree ... :thinking-face: ;) just sayin' ,sorry...:)

You got yours because we promised you one a long time ago and I wanted to fulfill that promise. In the future we do hope to have the ability for members to have a custom badge if they would like it. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don’t pay any attention to those badges when trusting someone. I have ONE method. I visit their build threads and look at their tanks.

YES! This is the way I judge as well. This is EXACTLY why we set up the MY TANK BADGES with link to your build thread and why we're trying to get the Aquarium Showcase to take off. There are other reasons but this one is a big one!

I've also never understood why people get so bent out of shape over people having badges! HA!

PS. People that don't like badges can turn them off in their settings. :)

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES! This is the way I judge as well. This is EXACTLY why we set up the MY TANK BADGES with link to your build thread and why we're trying to get the Aquarium Showcase to take off. There are other reasons but this one is a big one!

I've also never understood why people get so bent out of shape over people having badges! HA!

PS. People that don't like badges can turn them off in their settings. :)
Be a nice option to turn them off with exception of their tank build one. I don't care people have them but some members have half a page of them :grinning-squinting-face:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if some of the badges linked to a list of people with that badge. Thinking of fish medic, expert, and reef squad, and maybe mods/staff.

EDIT: i see there is a staff member list in the member forum

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It would be nice if some of the badges linked to a list of people with that badge. Thinking of fish medic, expert, and reef squad, and maybe mods/staff.
i pitched the idea to the mods to do this, but with the group's. for example, clicking the EPRA Member(my group) badge takes you to the sub-forum, like it would take you to the thread for your tank thread!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i pitched the idea to the mods to do this, but with the group's. for example, clicking the EPRA Member(my group) badge takes you to the sub-forum, like it would take you to the thread for your tank thread!
The difference there is that you can find the member groups in the forum list and go from there. With the others, there is no way to find out who all has the badge (I think)

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The difference there is that you can find the member groups in the forum list and go from there. With the others, there is no way to find out who all has the badge (I think)
i think its a cool idea. to see a list of the members. perhaps that can be viewed from the actual sub-forum? for example; clicking the fish medic badge could bring you to the "Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis" sub-forum and somewhere on that page you can click to view the list of members?

this is what i was referencing :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fishmedic and Reefsquad are private subforums i believe, there is a thread called meet the reefsquad... :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishmedic and Reefsquad are private subforums i believe, there is a thread called meet the reefsquad... :)
Don’t get me started on Reefsquad! :grinning-squinting-face: J/k! I give up on joining that one. I’ll just stick to the videos I guess. Lol!

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back